Tuesday, November 1, 2005

Wanted Friends - Welcome to adulthood

All my friends are away, especially those from my hometown. None of them continued living there, neither did I. They all took different paths and I had to do it too.

As I have already mentioned in many other posts in this blog, I've lived in 5 other places before settling down here and for that reason it was inevitable to make friends or just acquaintances in all those places. I met people that were very special at that moment. They helped me out in difficult situations. Their help was more than welcome especially because being far from both family and the country where I was from, that young, may have sounded way fun but it was pretty challenging.

These folks (good friends) appeared so connected so linked that we even made sure to exchange our homeland addresses and phone numbers so that we could keep track of ourselves afterwards. It's sad but this is so true that most of them have not tried hard enough to contact me. All that friendship seems now useless, fake, or merely favor exchanges. As a result, I must say to myself - WELCOME TO ADULTHOOD!


On the other hand, some of them have kept in touch for all those years and others have just returned from the 'shadows'. After almost 7 straight years, I finally got the chance to have the contact of a great friend back. It was a bit of a shock and at the same time a gift... a shocking gift. I received a wonderful e-mail and since then our friendship has growned. I can say that it is now much stronger than before when we had the chance to hold hands.

Friends are my armor. I respect all those who meant their deeds, favors, and help. They place faith back in my heart. No matter the distances and how long they don't keep track... as far as I can get to know they are or will be there, that is what matters in the end. I just wish I could make real friends more often like that one I mentioned above . It is so painful to accept the fact that the older we get, the harder it is to make new friends... yeah - once again - Welcome to adulthood!


4 comments:

  1. yep sometimes shadows from our past emerge into our present life... this is what was meant to be I guess, you can call it : fate, destiny, syncronicity...

    god's got some plans for us, this is what I like to think sometimes.

    EVOL UOY

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a gift, to be reunited with a friend, good on ya.

    Evol uoy oot!!!! Lori

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love this..."Friends are my armor." Very true of my dear friends, but they are most all far away. I moved to current location 3 1/2 years ago, and shut myself off from meeting anyone new. People I couldn't help but meet (I'm a mom--I meet other moms) didn't seem to get me.
    I'm thankful for this medium. I don't feel different for having my thoughts any more. I don't feel cut off.
    I'm glad I came over from Fine Artist's site.
    Just saying 'Hi.'

    ReplyDelete

If you want your comment puplished, English writing is required.

Vacation and New Kitty in the Block

Is hope a feeling? Hell, yeah.  Is burden a thing? Double hell, yeah. Since vacation started (there is no accurate date when it ...