Saturday, October 15, 2005

My Old T-Shirts

OLD ROCK BAND T-SHIRT

Old T-shirt
My favorite band’s name is on it
It’s ragged, torn, worn out
It’s ugly, shrunk, and fucked up

Old T-shirt
Many times I’ve betrayed you
Trying to donate you or simply passing you on
But I couldn’t
You’re just made for me
Your color, format, design
Old T-shirt of mine
I care for you so much to let you die…

Old T-shirt
Again, you want to go
Silverfish are destroying you
Holes, stains, stitches
Rotten fabric, dull prints


No way, I won't be giving you away
It’s comfy to sleep with you on
It’s a blessing that we just can go on

by Laila Chris - Feb. 2005

Curiosity Facts: I've still kept some of my old band T-shirts. The first one I ever bought was a long-sleeved black Rush T-shirt. I got it in 1990. Well, honestly, the very first musical T-shirt I've ever had was a yellow and green Run-DMC one - not rock though. I had stolen it from my dad... I still don't know how he'd gotten it. Probably he brought it from the US in the mid 80's. Then, of course I bought a Bob Marley one, also black. My father gave me a Nirvana one in 1991. The funny thing is that I've never liked that band. For some reason my father had thought I did. He had gotten that one in the USA too. After that I started collecting them: Sepultura, Sex Pistols, and many others.

9 comments:

  1. which one is the poem about?
    or is it about them in general?

    I like it though, I think we all have a shirt like that. Mine is an old high school football shirt from 1997.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The poem was about the RUSH one because that was the first T-shirt I bought on my own. Unfortunatelly, I could not find any similar to it on the web. I got it and it took me a while to dump it. I loved it!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cool post Laila, I used to own more band t shirts.

    Now I have a Flogging Molly t shirt, a Shooting for Third t shirt--my former students band, and a Metallica t shirt.

    Rock on with your bad self chicky, you got rid of the spammers, Love love, Lori

    ReplyDelete
  4. Because of you, Lori, the spammers gave me a break!!!

    I used to have not a big collection of those, but I did have some of my favorites which were the Rush and that Nirvana t-shirts (because my dad gave me). I also had pins and posters. I was a big fan of rock music when I was 14 and 15.

    Kisses and Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  5. I bought a band t-shirt some years ago...I used to go anywhere whit it. I remember that the first time that I went to PBF I was wearing this t-shirt, ad you said "I can see that you must like rock." Eheheheh...I remember that now! The T-shirt was black, whith the monsters of Iron Maiden. Sometimes, I still use it. So nice...
    Loved your poem.
    Kissessssss

    ReplyDelete
  6. WOW!!!! That was something!
    I do remember that day you came over with Dani, and you were really wearing that Iron Maiden T-shirt! See? I can remember things too!!!!!
    Loved your comment!!!!
    Kissesssss back to you Sabrina!

    ReplyDelete
  7. the entry makes it official. I think i've got a crush on you.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Marcele:
    You're to me this rare person you mentioned above...
    I love you ten times more... hihihi
    Watch out for yourself, dear
    Laila Chris

    ReplyDelete

If you want your comment puplished, English writing is required.

Vacation and New Kitty in the Block

Is hope a feeling? Hell, yeah.  Is burden a thing? Double hell, yeah. Since vacation started (there is no accurate date when it ...