Monday, January 2, 2006

My Five Weird Habits


I was tagged by Lori and Angeline to write about 5 weird habits I have. Unlike Krissy, I'm not all perfect (loved that comment) so I should confess that I've got more... many more than only 5 weird manias. I'm the human form of weirdness. Everything in me is strange as far as I'm concerned. Take my own blog for instance, its template, photos, its title, my profile, my posts... I write in a language that isn't my mother tongue for crying out loud. These are signs that I am not... let's say... so common.

There are other evidences too. I am weird because even my name is weird. My first name has an Islamic origin, my second one means "Christian" and I've come to believe I have Jewish blood. Just weird. I'm also a total relaxed person and that is very weird for a teacher who lives in the 2000's. I'm so chilled and spaced out that I often forget to breath. I know that forgetting to breath is one of the symptoms of stress but you have got to believe me, in my case, it is fully incapacity to stress over nothing, not even to breath in. I'm strange because I've never seen movies that no one believes I haven't: "E.T.", none of all three "Lord of the Rings", "Charlie and the Chocolate Factory" (none of both versions), none of those modern Disney or Pixar animations -- some of my students get even mad at me because of that. Well, at least I have seen "Shrek 1" and I hated it - it is getting worse. I know it.

However, I am here to talk about my 5 weirdest habits. 5? Cinq, Fünf, Hamsa, Go, Chamesch, Fem, Five, Cinco... Only 5? This is really tough, Lori and Angeline, but I am gonna get to the bottom of this. Ok, so here they are:

I. I talk to myself. In other words, "call a doctor". Yeah. I speak alone. I've thought of this habit just being an "aloud thinking process" but the truth is that I do speak to myself. I inquire, I wonder, I reply, and I even get to disagree with my own points (of course, I'm a woman!). I mostly do this in bathrooms. I need to be completely secluded for that so people don't see me as a freak, which I am, but no one needs to notice it.

II. I enjoy, love, lust removing labels of all products I see: shampoo bottles, detergents, parfums, deodorants, beer bottles, even vitamins and food suplements. The plastic labels are my favorite because they were made to be taken off. It's a fact. It is so good to unstick them gently and slowly. I just can't stand products that actually come with their labels painted or printed directly on the bottles. I avoid buying them because they are so not fun.

III. I'm fascinated by cats as most of you already know. So, I decided to get my own last year. Tibby arrived home last March and since then, she has given me brighter days (oh!). I love her so much that I can stare at her for hours while she sleeps. You all may be asking yourselves: "what's the matter there?" I'll answer. The weirdest thing is that I stare at her singing songs that I write for her. The lyrics are mostly about her, of course, like this one:

Tibby is my cat/
Tibby is my everything/
Tibby is anything she wants to be/
She is a smile/
She's an angel/
She is the perfect version of me/
La! La! La!
All right, all right... I know I am not a good song writer, but Tibby is still a kitty, she's not even a year old cat, so those songs are supposed to sound just like they were made for kids. Yeah, maybe it's about time for me to have babies.
IV. Another weird habit I've got is to overuse the Google search tool on the internet. It's probable that many people rely on it since it is seriously handy. However, I don't only use it for my everyday researches but also I have a blast by seeking odd materials and pictures so I type total out-of-the-blue subjects such as:

And the best hits, I save them in weird folders under My Favorites titled: Criminology, Out-of-the-Body Experiences, The History of Exorcism , etc.

V. My last weird habit is that I don't appreciate watching movie previews. I can't explain exactly why, but maybe because I'm crazy about psycho-thrillers and I think previews of these genre give out way much to the audience, so I refuse seeing them. As soon as I get the DVD into the player, I skip the menu options and I straight hit "play the movie". It is true that I seem not to have a choice when I'm at theaters, so I am never embarrassed to shut my eyes during the preview presentation. Weird? A little, I guess.

Many bloggers I know have already been tagged. So... lemme see..., I'll tag Bulb (I know Lori has already tagged you and you said "NO", but we insist), Gabe, Saucy Monk, Carol Loly Haze, and Gabriel. Some of them may reply in Portuguese.

20 comments:

  1. Fabulous!

    Your Google searches are very clever. Segue may need to know about Axe murderers in Cincinnati. Hell, I should probably look that one up. I'm only a couple hours away.
    Nothing on the reproductive organs of penguins?

    I also love taking off labels. I would strip bumper stickers off of cars if I had the time.

    It appears we all talk to ourselves. I wonder what that's about. Maybe I'll do a Google search.

    Thanks for the weirdness.
    Happy New Year! Hugs to the kitty.

    ReplyDelete
  2. i feel honored and antagonized all at the same time...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your habits are creative.

    I’m a self talker too, but I have done it for so long now it hardly seems odd. Rot row.

    The removal of all labels, I have always wondered about this habit. Is it a fear of advertising? A love of peeling? A desire to rid ones self of excess energy? I still wonder about this one, though sometimes I will do it myself if I have grown tired of the conversation or if I need to get up and do some moving.

    I love cats too.

    Your google searches are hysterical. I love them and, dang it, why doesn’t Barbie have nipples?

    Agreed, movie trailers suck.

    Love peace and enough of everything in 2006, Lori

    And Bulb is a stinker pot pie tagger backer.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love to peel labels, mostly beer because I no longer smoke, it keeps me busy when I'm drinking.
    I have 2 cats, I am going to try singing to them. I think my dogs would be more open to hear me sing, I do the search thing too! I save them, and them sometimes I think, what am I saving this for?? I talk to myself mostly when I am driving alone. I don't remember what I talk about, just anything.

    ReplyDelete
  5. @Angeline,
    I gotta confess that it was not easy to select only those 5 weird habits. I had to go through so much thinking that I almost got stressed... but only almost!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. @Saucy,

    Thanks for being cooperative and shameless to share your creepiest habits to the world.

    ReplyDelete
  7. @Lori,
    That is the question which has haunted me for years and years: Can Barbies breastfeed??? Can they?

    ReplyDelete
  8. Carol,
    Don't kill yourself before you type your post about your 5 weird habits! Please!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Rain,

    I don't know if your dogs will listen to you sing. I don't have dogs so I don't undertand anything about their personalities. I just know that these animals bark loud when they see strangers, wag their tails when they are happy, and drool all the time for no apparent reasons!

    ReplyDelete
  10. @Bulb,

    mmm Bulb's 5 Weird Habits:

    #1. When there are no patients and no co-workers around, Bulb places an estescope on his body to listen to his own inner-noises: from food digesting to his own bowel movements.

    #2. Bulb, in his dreams, fantasises about seducing all the "Golden Girls".

    #3. He never takes baths completely naked, or else that could lead him to fall in deeply love with himself.

    #4. He enjoys singing Diana Krall's songs to Mickey while the cat sleeps. The only problem's that the poor cat can't tell him to stop.

    #5. Bulb gets aroused every time he sees any Julie Andrews films, except for that "Victor&Victoria" because that would question his sexual orientation which it is unacceptable!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I forget that you write in a language other than your first. That is uncommon, but something I admire very much. Barbie would never breastfeed, I don't think she would even be pregnant. It might harm her figure. She would just find a cute baby and adopt it.

    ReplyDelete
  12. @Rain: I guess you're right!!!

    @Gabe: Thanks!!! You are a nice friend!!! I'll be checking your spot then.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Shorty:
    You should try them. Here there are some of my last searches:

    - Diet spinach chewing gums;
    - Color blind whales of South Pacific;
    - Minimalist Japanese Tango Dancers;
    - Flying Idaho Potatoes;
    - Do Panda bears need Brazilian-waxing?
    - And many others...

    ReplyDelete
  14. you crack me up with the peeling-labels-off thing. I once heard somewhere that someone who peels labels has a lot of sexual tension...

    ... moving on - IV is HILARIOUS!

    ...also, I wanna see a picture of the fabulous tibby. meow :o)

    and if you will now excuse me - I have to go use google in ways that I never thought I would!

    ReplyDelete
  15. @Sarah,
    I have already published some pictures of Tibby... you should look up on my old posts!!! And the GOOGLE thing..., hehehehe, watch out, you may never quit that!!!! LOL!!!!!!!!! It's contagious!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  16. I can't look at your Orkut Page, apparently because I'm not cool enough yet. Invite me? I already have a Google account, so that parts taken care of. And speaking of Google, if anyone wants a Gmail invite, I have tons, just lemme know.

    ReplyDelete
  17. @Gabe: You're cool... very very very cool!!! Invitation was sent!!!

    Meet you there.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Oh man Laila those five little weirdo habbits that you posted for Bulb are a hoot in a half. I laughed myself silly over them. Glad you are back, hope your vacation was rejuvinating! xxx, Lori

    ReplyDelete
  19. Laila!!!

    I've been drinking white wine tonight, seeing your beautiful face around the neighborhood.
    I'm warm, fuzzy, and had to stop by...But I've missed your words.
    Do you need an assignment?
    How about the five things that make you happiest?

    Visiting you would be on my list. "I love you, man!"
    You may remember, that's what drunk Americans say a lot towards the end of the evening.

    Post soon. I'll come back around, and bring another bottle.

    ReplyDelete

If you want your comment puplished, English writing is required.

Vacation and New Kitty in the Block

Is hope a feeling? Hell, yeah.  Is burden a thing? Double hell, yeah. Since vacation started (there is no accurate date when it ...