Sunday, October 18, 2015

Get to know who Teacher Laila is, as well as her Video Classes on YouTube

http://www.facebook.com/hope.burden
Am a journalist, a blogger, a foreign language teacher who has owned this blogspot for a while. If you've finally made here, congrats. You will like me. Been married to another English teacher whom I`ve known since we were kids. I am a liberal. I am a member of MBL- Movimento Brasil Livre. I am the oldest one out of three sisters. I have lived with my husband Roberto for 18 years and 4 more delicious cats. I am a foreign language instructor since I was 14 years old. I am from São Paulo (Brazil). This youtube channel (link) has held my personal and professional videos since 2006. Hope you watch them. Like them, and Favorite them. I drink loads of coffee, hence I’m stressful and cannot 'samba'. I despise Bossa Nova and carnival. I have a problem saying 'yes' or 'no'... I stick with 'maybe'. Narrow-minded people cannot understand me. I have some good memory for names. I sometimes listen to music.


http://www.youtube.com/iamserelepe
I love YouTube videos. I learn a lot from them. I also mostly care for books and movies. I’ve carried the same pens in my pencil case for twelve years. I love handwriting. I guess I had to end up teaching youtube video lessons with flashcards. I am a good chef. I might make a cooking video to teach culinary actions in English.  I cook very well but the problem is I'm lazy. I love vegetarian deli platters. I like Christina Applegate just because Donnie Darko made me do it. I collect coins from different countries. I love helping my friends if there is something I can do. I don't retaliate - simply can't. I love colors. I can't stand work associates that set up plots to get themselves better positions or a mere raise. I don't want to be a victim of psychopaths ever again either. I am never punctual. I fear driving. I fear sitting on the passenger's side too.

We want Brazil into a free democracy!
I don't spend loads on books, but I do splurge on second-hand ones. I hate people with no sense of humor. I don't give alms but I monthly donate money to some institutions. I love The Legendary Pink Dots. I listen to Muddy Waters. I've got no patience for country music. I complain a lot. I hate when others think my mother tongue is Spanish and the capital of my country is Rio de Janeiro - I'll shoot any person who has ever thought of that. I mean it.

www.pbf.com.br - Teacher Laila's School
I've lived in Caxias do Sul for 14 years (Rio Grande do Sul state - Brazil), and has worked at a language school painted yellow, blue, red, orange, and green. I don't correct all tests and compositions myself. I sometimes do, but when I do it, it takes me way too long time. I am a procrastinator. For that, I've hired Vanessa Ventura (this was written so long time ago that Vanessa has graduated and is working as an English teacher by now) - my caring secretary, helper, student, and friend. I love working out but I'm very lazy. I like autobiographies. I hate knickknacks. I love Pollock. I loathe washing dishes. I sometimes need to be alone. I hate soccer. I'd rather watch sepaktakraw. I'd rather root for a hockey team. I don’t know how to play cards. I would love to know how to sing. I would like to play softball. I love Munch. I drink too much coffee. Did I mentioned that? I lurve air conditioner. My mother says I am pretty crazy. My sisters say it too. I’m gluttonous. I hate baby blue and all pinks. I love Clarice Lispector. I know how to play the piano. I play it terribly. I have lovely hands. Unfortunately, I never have them manicured. I've never watched "ET" but I've already watched this terrific documentary on the meaning of life: Watch me!. hehehe It is a joke!

Teacher Laila has been teaching languages in Brazil since 1990.
I detest making beds. I love the feeling of having them made. I love Camembert and Gouda cheese (oopsy, I am a vegan now). Fashion pretty much sucks, in my opinion. I have never known what to say in the presence of celebrities. My friends say I am a lot crazy. I have a hot-spot for musicians, jiu-jitsu wrestlers, and skaters. No more desktop PCs for me. By PCs, I mean Communist Parties in Portuguese. I have always been happily in love. I love Marlon Brando, Brian Molko, Jake Gyllenhaal, and River Phoenix. I love my father too. He's a freaking good grammarian. I can’t live without make-ups. I loathe Amélie Poulain. I hate experimental art. I do believe this is a cheap excuse for poor art making and understanding. I sleep less than I would like to. I write poetry. I have blue hair. I hate mystifying people. I don’t like trivial mysteries. I despise phony people... well... not so much! I love stripes. I've already given shelter to trespassers and outcasts. I was a leftist once. People learn better. I am a rightist pro-choice who believe in the individual free will. I’ve stopped eating meat for very long however I do not advocate that. I simply believe that killing animals for any purpose whatsoever is such a hedious crime just as pedofilia, rapes, and human slavery are. I believe in many superstitions. I have already wanted to have children. Wish is gone.

Coffee, Color, Stripes, Make-Up
Ich bin 39 Jahren alt und habe keine kinder. Jetzt bin ich sehr glücklich. Ich suche Freunde für Deutsch schreiben, sprechen und lernen. When I was a child, I loved birthday parties, not for the presents, but because I'd use the gift wraps to draw or write on them. I don’t like TV. I love my back. I love laughing at myself. I hate hip hop celebrities. My students say I am way crazy (I teach languages for a living btw). I despise people who take themselves too seriously. I hate aristocrats. I collect self-portraits of myself. I barely recognize people on the phone by their voices. I can’t stand stinginess. I hate Goddard. I love Fassbinder. I don't hate Mondrian. I love Frida Kahlo. I don’t like good taste. I am very hairy. I have lived in Florida on a peninsule by the Gulf of Mexico. I miss those days.

Needless to say that I like teaching languages with flashcards. I've decided on teaching online with flashcards. My video lessons are no longer than 6 minutes. So, take some time to watch them and learn with fun. :)



No comments:

Post a Comment

If you want your comment puplished, English writing is required.

Vacation and New Kitty in the Block

Is hope a feeling? Hell, yeah.  Is burden a thing? Double hell, yeah. Since vacation started (there is no accurate date when it ...