Tuesday, May 30, 2006

POETRY TUESDAY


The threads that run through your life
Hang from your sleeve
Wind through your soul
The kind you can't control
The kind you can't conceive
The kind you can't believe
But wish you could break
Wish you could weave
I wish you could see
It ties you to me
And you fly in the face of the sun
And you float in the tides of the moon
The paths that run from your door
Climb through the trees
Wind like a snake
The kind you can't escape
The kind you can't conceive
The kind you can't believe
With prickly little thorns
Sharp tiny teeth
They're hungry for the threads
Hanging from your sleeve
Waiting on a path
The kind you can't conceive
But wish you could take
Wish you could leave
I wish you could see
It leads you to me

by Mercury Lev

6 comments:

  1. great lyrics. I don't know why, but I immediately thought it to be a song, because it just strikes me as so lyrical. is it? or is it a poem? either way - I love it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. hey Sassy and Sarah!!!

    It's a song... It's a song with poetic lyrics!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Laila! Thank you for the sexy comment on my last poem. I'ts allways nice to have a word with Portugal's sweeter half. How's Brasil theese days?
    I just would like to ask you a question?. Why do you wright in english?
    Não é a língua que pariu Pessoa e Vinicius não é muito mais interessante? Mais ilimitada? Mais quente, sensual, alegre e triste? Gostava de saber, não faço julgamento, nem bom nem mau. É só curiosidade.

    Um beijo, deste lado do Atlântico.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Desculpa algumas repetições e erros de pontuação que só agora verifiquei no comentário... o meu teclado está meio esquisito...

    ReplyDelete
  5. Well JC, if you really wanna know why I write in English instead of Portuguese, you should check "My Résumé" link located on the bottom left of this blog and there you'll find the answer. You'll also find a link for my blog in Portuguese too. So, as you see, I write in both languages.

    Thanks for the great remarks on my comment. I do think you have wonderful poetry rolling on your spot. Keep on going!!!

    ReplyDelete

If you want your comment puplished, English writing is required.

Vacation and New Kitty in the Block

Is hope a feeling? Hell, yeah.  Is burden a thing? Double hell, yeah. Since vacation started (there is no accurate date when it ...