Monday, March 13, 2006

Don't Leave Me Without Consulting Me

I've had this blogspot for almost like two years now and I can't imagine my life without this THE PANWSHOP... I might be wrong but I wouldn't put an end in it without consulting my fellow regular readers. No, ma'am. No sir. I wouldn't simply walk away thinking that it'll be just a hit on a 'delete this blog' button.


So many blogs are started and abandoned every day, all the time. Too bad that sometimes they are even left out by their owners without any further explanations to the readers. But what bugs me is to find a great blog only some days before it is deleted. I wish bloggers signed a contract saying that they are expected to stick with that blogspot and honor it for at least five years. And let's not forget a short notice at least 3 months prior the elimination of the blog.


I encountered this blog (see photo above) like a month ago and I had been enjoying it so much since then... but just yesterday*, she (Candy, the blogger) announced its end. Why do people like to hurt us this bad? Why do they kill their spots as they were mere hiper-texts shining on a computer screen??? A blog that is once born must resist and last as long as its owner is alive. I may be sort of exaggerating here but that was a true estatement. Don't they see that each time we link a new blog into our templates, a connection is set by a commitment of a new regular reader? Maybe I ought to be more clear...

Since I've started blogging, this is being the time I've had the largest number of readers. As a result, I feel like reading their blogs back in order to show them my deepest respect. Some of those spots are so interesting that I end up linking them... And these fellow bloggers soon become like family. You see? When these folks decide on their own to quit blogging, and worse than that, they decide to vanish with all that had been posted, and sometimes they do those without posting even a farewell letter - you know those good-bye posts that sound more like a suicide note to me, it seems that the world will collapse in front of me. I just can't take it too easy.

Why why why??? How come those bloggers do these things to me? What have I done wrong? How come these folks come and go like I simply don't count in this world? This is so true. Another case was with this spot. It is called RETROBABE and its owned by an interesting guy called Ian.


It used to have a deep red background and tons of information on music. Luckily, the pressure of all readers made his return with a whole new template and the same great contents on music.

I just love when I know I've been read and I do have a blast when I find out I am being linked into other bloggers' spots. I just think that these kinds of reading responses are a great deal of fun. When I myself link people's spots into mine, I believe this is me officially saying:"From now on, I'll be reading your posts religiously. You are actually almost a member of my family." I may not leave comments on every post I read, but I'm there. I'll be always there. So, you guys who are keeping your blogs for some time now, and mostly you guys who have your spots linked to mine or vice-versa, you all ought to know that you should not come on with those suicide notes saying that you won't blog anymore or that you'll vanish your spot from blogsphere. No, no, no thank you so much. This ain't really nice. It's just plain misery.

*I started writing this post a week ago.

10 comments:

  1. Hey Laila! "Interesting guy called Ian" here ! Just to put your mind at rest I am not going anywhere again for a long while! But sometimes things do need to change, so don't get attached to the new template to much, OK? ;)

    IanB x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Bulb:
    I figured this already. I guess I was really born to freak people out. I don't think blogging can bring real changes to people's lives, but I don't think it is necessary to delete everything that was already published. What's the real deal on doing that? That's all! And you don't leave us for now.


    Ian:
    Alright!!! Ok, I won't!
    TAKE CARE

    ReplyDelete
  3. You're a mind reader!

    Don't we all go through those days, though?
    Sometimes, I just get a little nervous that this is a lifetime committment. I mean, shall we be doing this at eighty still? Who knew it would be so alive? That I would have moral conflict over quitting? Those days are few and far between, however, since I've made such wonderful friends.

    Anyway, now I seem to be having 'comment-itis.' Not as confident about what I write. Probably because so much of my physical life is unsure right now. Blogs take on our moods so easily. It's all fascinating.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Blogs are our vulnerable thoughts, our soft underbellies. I think sometimes we hate what we write. I know that I do. I think a post is stupid, and I'm tempted to take it down, and when I check back it has 4 or 5 comments that say they know how I feel or that they care, or just something funny. I think it's self loathing that makes someone take their blog down, because if you are too busy, you just don't post as often. Well I hope you never go away Laila. Take a break, but still keep in touch. I like the name
    the Pawnshop, I always thought it meant an emotional Pawnshop. How much for this anger? :)
    love to you and all our blog friends,
    Cathy

    ReplyDelete
  5. Laila, this was such a great post, I especially like the idea that we are all a family, what a cool way to look at the situation.

    It is a bummer when you get attached to someone via their blog and they disappear, sucks really.

    I'm glad to read that you wont be going anywhere soon. If you did I would miss you like crazy. You too bulb. xxx, Lori

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks for the cool messages, Lori!!! No!!! I won't be leaving you guys!!! I LOVE BLOGGING!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'M SO SORRY. I almost killed my blog this week, with no farewell letter. I promise I'll try to write more than once a month. Thanks for visiting my abandoned blog. I know u were always going there. You are great! huges!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I have no intention of quitting.
    You shouldn't either!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Blogicide without a note is truly, truly dark, and leaves so much confusion in the wake. However, I wish that blog sites would more actively clean-up aborted blogs -- those with only one or a few ancient, rotting posts that won't ever be updated again. Perhaps a warning e-mail to the blogger -- update soon, or we'll delete you? I wonder, if all the abandoned blogs were gathered into a pile, how large would that pile be? I'm guessing huge! Just my two cents. Love the Pawnshop -- glad you have no intentions to vacate without notice.

    ReplyDelete
  10. And i love yours Zilla too!!! I truly have no intentions to disappear. I love this spot of mine and all the other ones I have around too. I live to blog, I guess. But I confess that I have been away - it's for many reasons though: WORKING IS PEAKING UP / I CAME DOWN WITH DEPRESSION / I AM JUST TOO SPACED OUT TO WRITE ANYTHING MEANINFUL... But we never know when I must show up!!!

    ReplyDelete

If you want your comment puplished, English writing is required.

Vacation and New Kitty in the Block

Is hope a feeling? Hell, yeah.  Is burden a thing? Double hell, yeah. Since vacation started (there is no accurate date when it ...