Thursday, January 12, 2006

pause for poetry...


***HURT***

by Laila Chris


I hold you in between my teeth

and to calm you down, my beast,

I'd rather compose romances for you

but I'd have more profit by chanting

chanting spells, witchcrafting, voodooing

to keep you asleep in my throat,

so that you can't scratch, scrape,

tear my gums 'til they bleed...



But I subdued myself,

setting my kindness in a song.


Dedicate to your primal soul.

It's made of voiceless timbers,


breakbeats of a warm swollen heart,


without tempo or cadence.


The piece is being played as I free you.

Soundlessly, I let you go...


Right. No point on mutual pain and sorrow.


7 comments:

  1. Every single word of this poem is perfect and eloquent. It is art. Peace and love, xxx, Lori

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree. You have a great talent with words.

    ReplyDelete
  3. @Lori: You're the purest angel!!!


    @Rain: I can't thank you enough!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. oh, how I adore your poetry. this was wonderful!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow! I think this is the first time I get so many comments on my poetry.

    Appreciated, Sarah!!!
    LOVE,
    your friend blogger L.CHRIS

    ReplyDelete
  6. I should send this poem to my husband. I'd sooo bite him in half! Thanx for the visual!

    ReplyDelete
  7. You're very much welcome, Sassy!!!

    Peace&Love to you my blogger friend!

    ReplyDelete

If you want your comment puplished, English writing is required.

Vacation and New Kitty in the Block

Is hope a feeling? Hell, yeah.  Is burden a thing? Double hell, yeah. Since vacation started (there is no accurate date when it ...