Sunday, December 11, 2005

I've already...

Looking stupid or goofy in front of others is something so easy to me. I am a teacher so that explains why I get involved in embarassing situations quite often since we, teachers, are always needed to speak in public, be around the crowd, and try to get attention from so different folks. This way I can say that I am the queen of bloopers. Even way before I turned a teacher, I' ve always found myself in silly situations like tripping on the streets downtown, bumping into tables or chairs, getting physically sick and having to vomit in front of classmates... Gee, the list is endless...

  • I've already sneezed while singing in a choir our national athem in a elementary school when i was seven. The worst had not been breaking the song in the middle of an important passage. The problem was having splashed a liter of this green and sticky catarrh straight to a girl's curly hair who was standing right in front of me; I could not hold my nostrils since we had our hands busy holding the songs lyrics;
  • I've tripped and fallen countless times. The worst was falling and sliding my ass down the stairs of a church altar on the day of my first comunion. This time was not my fault since they'd required us to wear those stupid long garments that made us look like the pope. And I have also invented a new hobby - falling off from revolving chairs - it is necessary to get some fast spins a little before your body gets to collapse from that piece of furniture. I highly recommend this new passtime because it can really amuse people around you.
  • I've already recited poems and sung in public... Ah, I may've forgotten to say that ducks and pelicans reach better tunes than I am able to. I've sung drunk in karaokes. I've sung non-drunk in small stages of conservatories and city theaters. I normally sing while driving - like to check out the faces of other drivers when they see me chanting -. I sing all the time while pissing in public washrooms, cooking, correcting tests, and lecturing all the time. I've already gone up a stage of a british pub in the USA with an elderly originally from Liverpool and we sang "TICKET TO RIDE". His wife even got to film and picture that rare scene of a boozed old british gentleman singing Beatles with a drunk Brazilian chick lost in Uncle Sam's land. It was exquisite, I must say.
  • I've let a whole lasagna get burnt - I had simply forgotten it. The worst was to know that that lasagna was for an important dinner that my parents were going to serve at our place. I was not so young when that happened. Shameful. By the way, forgetting things is my best talent : I always pay for my grocery shopping but sometimes I forget to bring them home; I've already planned to barbecue and forgotten to get the beef. I've already gone to Blockbuster to return films without the DVDs, or to the bank to make a deposit without the money... it nevers ends...

9 comments:

  1. What a memorable first communion that must have been. Heeeeeee. Bless your heart.

    xxx, Lori

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey, I, wait, what was I gonna say again?

    Oh well, I'll remember if it was important.

    Something about something I read.

    ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lori:
    It sure was unforgettable. I have this tendency to be the center of the attention in a 'weird way' everywhere I go... and I could never understand why - especially in my case since I don't really enjoy being checked out by "black looks". I was born to be pathetic and period.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gabe: maybe intaking more fish oil could help you have your memory back!!! Who am I to say that??? If that worked I wouldn't have posted those sad memory loss experiences above...

    ReplyDelete
  5. Bulb: Lasagnas aren't all!!! I've already forgotten recording an important soccer match for my dad. I've already dragged my former out-of-order car to the oposite direction of my house. I've forgotten signing checks. I've sent postcards without the receivers' address (oo-hoo!!!). I've forgotten... I'm getting tired to force my brain to remember other stuff now!

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a interesting life you have Laila! I know that it is shameful, but, at least, you always have funny situations to laught or to tell to someone.
    Ah, and don't worry! Xamby does things much worst than you, ahahahah
    Just kidding
    LOVE YOU
    Great text, I would like to have this kind of ideas to post in my blog...I would like to know write texts so interestings like you do...OK, just one more dream...
    Kissesss

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks, Sabrina! I don't write that you well dear... I just try not to get quiet with my written words!!!!!! I let the words flow and sometimes they come out nice... sometimes it's just a pile of graphic nonsense messages!!!
    Luv ya

    ReplyDelete
  8. Was gonna post some embarassing moments, but they'd just seem weak after Bulb.
    As to forgetfulness...post-high school, I once saw a former classmate at a hometown carnival type deal, waved, smiled, said "How are ya?" She bolted the other direction.
    I told another friend about this odd exchange, and she said, "Don't you remember yelling at her a week after graduation? You were mad that she crashed your party drunk--got you in trouble with your parents-- & then she went and told everyone your Dad is nuts, so the next time you saw her, you really let her have it. You don't remember that?"

    Um. No.

    That's scary. Ahhh, repression.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Bulb is just SHAMELESS, hahahahhahh, I hope he NEVER changes.

    ReplyDelete

If you want your comment puplished, English writing is required.

Vacation and New Kitty in the Block

Is hope a feeling? Hell, yeah.  Is burden a thing? Double hell, yeah. Since vacation started (there is no accurate date when it ...