Tuesday, July 5, 2005

Never Trust In Those That Are Only Loved

He had dark hair and a mustache in my first memory of him.
He rooted for my enemy soccer team.
He played card games that I never learned.
He used to talk with an accent and say idioms that I never understood.
He had enemies - my father always says, "never trust in those that are only loved" -
He even broke a bottle on a friend's head once.
He loved women and women apparently loved him.
He would cheer up any sad person through his gags.
Manuel was his name - my dear grandfather. The only one I met.
He is in heavens now, maybe against his will.
I bet he's gonna get bored there, oh well death sucks sometimes.
He loved his family and his family loves him.
He lived his life to the fullest.

4 comments:

  1. Linda homenagem a seu avô. Mostra o quanto está presente, que seu coração está junto dos que ama, ainda que fisicamente possa estar ausente. Um grande abraço para você e sua família. Sei como são tristes estes momentos...que Deus dê força para todos vocês. Beijos
    Lu

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know it's sad and difficult for us to accept when a beloved person leaves. Anyhow, maybe we should try to find some beauty in such passage. Why not? We have lots to learn. I'm sure you've always been part of your grandfather's good memories.
    Love,
    Beto

    ReplyDelete
  3. Laila . . .
    BIG HELLO from toulouse !
    I've read few lines of your website, just a little to show you i was there !
    I will soon come again cause those lines i read let me show a sensitive soul you got.
    I knew that you've had a bad day, so just be brave and keep that shining thing you got in you !
    I will not give you more sensations about writtens you made, i didn't have had a well idea of all that contains this website in cause the few time i've spent there.
    So, i tell you another time that you don't have to be sorry for your manners or how rude you were : that's nothing, i understand that because there is a lot a ill-intentioned persons on this planet (truly, i think i will go . . . i don't know, maybe in an another solar system in that case i could not find the peace and true love ! ) : )

    sorry if i make unsensed words sometimes, i only got a schoolar and musical learning english !

    Kisses . . . F
    R
    A
    N
    C
    K
    Y

    ReplyDelete
  4. Bah teacher, realmente é foda......
    Mas quando se passa por isso "life goes on", então.....
    Mudando de assunto:
    "Ah tah, pereçe que o meu flog é o primeiro da lista.... Ah bom, só pra confirma....." Hueahieaheaihaeiuheaiuea.....
    H&K

    ReplyDelete

If you want your comment puplished, English writing is required.

Vacation and New Kitty in the Block

Is hope a feeling? Hell, yeah.  Is burden a thing? Double hell, yeah. Since vacation started (there is no accurate date when it ...