Thursday, June 16, 2005

A little bit more about me


About Me

I’ve already stolen books from libraries
I would ring the bell of strangers’ homes and walk away rapidly…

I’ve already wanted to poison the neighbors’ pets
I’ve already run over a stray cat back in my hometown

I whisper people bad words in different languages all the time
I almost poked my sister’s right eye once

I showed my middle finger to a religion teacher when I was just 6
I scratched deliberately a Fritz Dobbert piano when I was 9
I’d smoke cigarette butts from the floor when I was 11
I used to fake out my mother’s signature on my school detentions

I hadn’t known how to fry eggs short time before I decided to live alone
I invited people whom I didn’t know into my apartment
Later on, many of them used to hang out there
Some of them became good friends

I’ve already canceled many doctor’s and dentist’s appointments


I hate doing the dishes and usually place wet towels in bed

I’ve never voted for president or governor

I was raised listening to both languages at home: Portuguese and English

Luckily, I never liked MENUDOS
Although I’ve already bought a "New Kids on the Block" album and I have already wanted to marry Joe McIntyre.

I’ve visited a few countries in North and South America and have never been to Europe
I’ve fished in the Atlantic and have never wet my feet into the cold Pacific
I’ve always feared driving even way before I had a car accident.
I’ve already danced lambada and have already been to a punk rock concert…


…Well, I still listen to punk rock, however this isn’t my cup of tea
Lambada is in the past, THANK GOD!

I do avoid driving as much as I can
I am a great cook now – Lebanese dishes are my specialty
I’ve been happily married to a non-famous person since 98

I teach English for a living, think that I am able to communicate in Spanish and study German and French for fun

I don’t smoke yet I quite enjoy drinking
I don’t play the piano anymore even though I could be back to having lessons

Politics isn’t my favorite topic of conversations

I am a teacher and hate when kids disrespect me

My sister doesn’t talk to me very often and I wonder why
I haven’t gone to a doctor for years…
I can’t invite strangers to my apartment but they certainly enter my list of ORKUT friends

My kitchen is usually the dirtiest place in the house

I don’t feel like having pets because I don’t appreciate the fact they may not live long
Hate answer the door, the bell, cell phones, and E-mails

I simply can’t steal or fake out signatures any longer for I fear The idea of being arrested – never been – never will
Some say “Never say ‘never’”
But I say what I WILL NEVER DO.

Interesting fact - Some things have changed since I wrote this... Now I have got a pet and my cat has brought me more joy and the fact that she won't live long does not affect me at all. In fact, that is what is making me face life differently, that its frailty is needed to outcome our victories.

4 comments:

  1. je savais que tu ne savais pas conduire...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I speak English and some Spanish.
    I've lived in three time zones.
    I've tasted the salt of the Pacific, Atlantic, and Gulf of Mexico.
    I am a virgin.
    I've been to Mexico, but not Canada or Europe or Asia, America del Sur, or any of the other places I want so badly to see.
    I drink occasionally, and smoke less than that.
    I love the internets and have a messy room because of it.
    Reading and Writing make me happy.
    Laila makes me want to be open and honest.
    Laila's blog is one I always hope is updated.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cédric - What a great surprise!!!

    Gabe - Just don't know what to say!!!

    ReplyDelete

If you want your comment puplished, English writing is required.

Vacation and New Kitty in the Block

Is hope a feeling? Hell, yeah.  Is burden a thing? Double hell, yeah. Since vacation started (there is no accurate date when it ...