Sunday, December 26, 2004

Words for Thoughts about LOVE

DAY 1 -> Again... Don't want to get started as I always do, saying: " Oh my! It's been a long time I don't post in here." Despite the fact that I have already started doing that... I would like to say something else, something deeper and more delicate to talk or write about. At least, it's something very difficult for me to construct a trail which will take to a person's heart gate.

I normally don't write about love, unless it is my personal feeling, the love I feel regarding relatives, my sweet partner (Beto), my students (I'm a full-time teacher), arts, etc. I was assigned to write about it because of my own will. I have been discussing this issue with so many friends and they all complain about some of the things listed below:

  • The person I love doesn't want to see me;
  • I don't even know where this person is or whether this person exists;
  • I possibly love someone who's already engaged and knows no bean about my feelings towards him/her;

Well, if love were hell of an easy topic to digress, there wouldn't be so much art work dedicated to it. That's the beauty of it - its complexity, mystery, fragility, and supernatural force to destroy people's mind and make people lose their interest in everything else. They just keep thinking about the significant other.

DAY 2 -> My second day trying to come up with something that may convince someone else that his/her love is closer than he/she might think of. It's a very difficult task indeed. I normally don't take that long to write poems or simple posts in this blog.

The thing is that this is not a simple post and the poem I first intended to write was dedicated to a person whom I don't know in person, haven't talked through MSN, ICQ, not even exchanged e-mails at all. This person's name is Sandy... This is to you! I am a Brazilian friend of someone who apparently cares a lot about you.

I feel that it's my duty to let you know that I appreciated your photographs and the imagery you explore is easy to be infatuated by, therefore I decided to write something about them. Besides that, there is someone who's trying to convince you that you and him are meant to be together... I've chosen to convince you of the same thing, but using a different strategy - Read this, please:

Thought of you as a bird
Or a little fragile cub
Thought of you as a cold breeze
Or blue as heavy rain
Thought of you as a fraction of a second
You are all that and more…

Thought of your pictures as masterpieces
Photographs with rhythms
Thought of your pale hands holding the camera
Never thought of you as being brighter than the flash
Though wrong thoughts cross our mind every now and then

Your fuzzy lines
They’re exquisite
You shine
You sign

Thought of you as a fresh loaf of bread
As soft as molten snow
You are the seed of an endangered flower
Something that doesn’t happen every day
Someone one simply doesn’t let go away

Your art is direct
Nobel yearning for affection
Acceptance

Thought of you as the trace of human existence
Clear calm thunderstorms
Silent smooth earthquakes
The lenses seemed to be place backwards
The furiousness isn’t detached from kindness

There is no boredom
There are only impressions
There are no vague linear images
There is only intelligible beauty

If I could see them that way,
That means someone else could too.
That means, his eyebrows would elevate in awe
Because no matter what you say or do
It’s being made! Love is there!

You must realize the other side
You must see through the other person’s eyes
You should know that there are more than photographs saying: “Register me”




2 comments:

  1. Hi Laila!
    I have never reacted (I mean on your blog) about our first contact : photographs and complicated love... So much things to say about it! Thanks a lot for your nice poem... I like its atmospheres... Ican say that you're also a real artist ;-)
    See you!
    Sandy

    ReplyDelete
  2. I told you I read all comments and I was not lying!

    Well, this poem of mine is a real masterpiece and I am sorry for my lack of modesty. I JUST FEEL IT!!!

    The elements and subject helped me buid it. I am no professional writer therefore writing is like playing pranks with words and people's mind! Pranks in good way, I mean!!!

    Thank you so much for leaving your reactions which was something that I was expecting for so long.

    See You Around
    Laila

    ReplyDelete

If you want your comment puplished, English writing is required.

Vacation and New Kitty in the Block

Is hope a feeling? Hell, yeah.  Is burden a thing? Double hell, yeah. Since vacation started (there is no accurate date when it ...