Tuesday, September 20, 2022

M.I.A. is never over

Blogging has been so overrated these days which shouldn`t. I used to write here daily back in the 2000`s. It is due to social media that we keep forgetting that blogging still exists. I love writing and Facebook or Instagram are not places for huge posts. I need to get the discipline back that I used to have. I would sit in front of PCs and my fingers would slide on the keyboard mostly in the mornings (just like now). I am not even used to tapping keyboards anymore. It is a weird feeling. It was my dad`s birthday the other day. And so I came up with the idea of writing him deep messages, instead of sending him a stupid meme, or a simple online card. Everytime I read the message I left him, I cry nonstoppingly. Then, all of a sudden, it came this urge to get back on writing as way of working out my brain. I grew up expressing myself better through written words rather than spoken ones. To make it worst, I don`t find comfortable words in my first language. If you have already taken some time to scroll down this blog, you know I am Brazilian and my native language is Portuguese. I don`t despise Portuguese, au contrair. I am quite proud of my mother tongue. I am simply not used to reading, nor writing in it. English flows smoothly. I am an English teacher and I`ve been teaching this language for so long... since I was 18 years old. I am 47 in case you would like to know. I want to get back to posting here. I cannot say that I will do it daily as I am a super busy professional. However, I do wish I could go back to this hobbie because it frees my mind and it does work better than therapy (which is kind of expensive for teachers` paycheck). Besides, there is a sort of secret envolved in the throwback-Tuesday-getting-back-on-blogging thing= I do want to start a memoir. I have tons of poems and I have alwaaaaays wanted to publish a poetry book, which is something that can happen as I do have gizzillions of written poems. My sin is that I am writing horder and I don`t have my poems decently stored in a specific folder, flashdrive, app, or in the clouds. They are still in random pieces of paper spread all over my life. The idea of a memoir sounds more organized and realistic. This possible memoir is not a promise as I do not believe in my own promises. Whereas, it is going to work more as commitment to my brain. I will start a memoir somehow. And this blog is gonna guide me towards this goal. I am so glad I made it here today. And I hope I do keep coming back to this spot, at least, every now and then. Nice to be back, xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment

If you want your comment puplished, English writing is required.

Vacation and New Kitty in the Block

Is hope a feeling? Hell, yeah.  Is burden a thing? Double hell, yeah. Since vacation started (there is no accurate date when it ...