Sunday, August 27, 2017

Wording Sunday

Word/Expression of the Day:

slippery slope argument (SSA), in logic, critical thinking, political rhetoric, and caselaw, is a consequentialist logical device in which a party asserts that a relatively small first step leads to a chain of related events culminating in some significant (usually negative) effect.

PS: Every Sunday I will pick an expression or word in any language, and I will help my blog readers break it to you. It is going to bring discipline to my blogging activities and it will for sure add to our vocabulary background. Quoting a controversial documentary I saw many years ago: "It is time to get wise".

The docudrama is entitled:
"What the "bleep" do we know?".

No comments:

Post a Comment

If you want your comment puplished, English writing is required.

Vacation and New Kitty in the Block

Is hope a feeling? Hell, yeah.  Is burden a thing? Double hell, yeah. Since vacation started (there is no accurate date when it ...