Thursday, May 4, 2017

Mediocre Past

____________________
The good memories are vague
The painful ones stay
Do not stand at my grave and weep;
I am not there, I do not sleep.

I am a thousand tears that rolled down.
I am the handprints on my skin.
I am the fear of making mistakes.
I am the rain cutting the space.

When you awaken in the morning's hush
I was the one who made breakfast
Walked in sorrow and proved being good.
For no reason.
I was the soft stars that shine at night.

Do not stand at my grave and cry;
I am not there, I did not die.

________________________ ___
Laila Chris Batista

No comments:

Post a Comment

If you want your comment puplished, English writing is required.

Vacation and New Kitty in the Block

Is hope a feeling? Hell, yeah.  Is burden a thing? Double hell, yeah. Since vacation started (there is no accurate date when it ...