Wednesday, April 19, 2017

My Presentation Letter and Résume


>> How are you, dear Madam and/or Sir?

This is a presentation letter and hope you take your time to get to know me:

I am called Teacher Laila a hundred times a day, but I am also known as "Ms Burden". The latter is how I sign my literary work and other pieces of my insanity, daydreams, or deviations which are expressed quite often in the shape of poems, photos, shorties, and such.

My full name is Laila Chris Batista. I am  a Brazilian EFL teacher, a certified Journalist, translator, and a writer as human necessity. I have currently taught 470 students; I lecture 77 hours/week and  I hold a Bachelor’s degree in 'Social Communications' with a minor in 'Journalism' from UEL - State University of Londrina (Brazil) and in 'Liberal Arts' with a minor in 'Creative Writing' from SPC - Saint Petersburg College (USA).

My husband (MBA - Florida Metropolitan University) has run a private language school in Brazil, called PBF, since October 2002, where we both teach and coordinate the schedules for tests, events, and the like.

After having graduated in college in Brazil, in 1998, I decided to live abroad, in order to fully learn another language, get an international degree for my academic education process, and get to know a different culture. I lived in Saint Petersburg, USA, for five years (98 ~ 02). Now, I've just turned 41, got a business of my own, been married for 19 years, and I've decided to live back in my home country for good. All my personal goals have been nearly accomplished. Adding to that, I've got hundreds of manuscripts and 'almost' nothing published.

Am strongly seeking for a temporary teaching position in summer or winter international language programs so that I can sponsor my own publications, and I am accepting any publishing opportunity as well as in international media, being electronic or hard-printed editorials, either temporary or permanently. Notice that I'm an agent-free writer and maybe that is why I write intensely. I have got two ongoing book projects: a poetry one and a fiction novel and have recently launched a book¹ of shorties intended for ESL learners entitled "American Jokes in Simple Language."

My experiences in journalism toward entertainment news and short story writing led me to the artistic literary practice. Through my education background, abilities, and desire to work, I believe I can be very useful to any editorial service. And when it comes to teaching English and tutoring other subjects, I've been working in this field since I was 10. I'd owned a language school in Brazil for 15 years as well.

I look forward to hearing from any educational institution,  publisher/editor, or ESL/EFL school which could make good use of my  knowledge and experience to help improve your services towards my will-power and strong wish to work. I am also open for  further discussions about any possible translation/version, proofreading, or any  independent publication of my manuscripts, as well as my participation in any collaboration through, revising, translating and/or developing versions in Portuguese, Spanish, English, and German. However, if you have no connections with this kind of business or you do not, but you've thought I am worth being read, contact me. I am highly willing to take over language teaching positions in any international school. I am fluent in English, Portuguese, Spanish, German and am able to teach these languages.

On the other hand, if you feel at least a tiny little dust of interest in knowing my work, click on any of those links located on the sidebar and leave a comment. Or better, go straight to the point and E-mail me:lailachris@gmail.com, WhatsApp me (+55-18-9977-42901), and subscribe to my YouTube channel "Teacher Laila's Video Class" (YouTube.com/iamserelepe)  and visit my site: www.teacherlaila.com

>> EDUCATION
>> 2016 Unicesumar / Maringa (Polo Presidente Prudente), PR e  SP, (Brazil)
Post-grad in Educational Management

>> 2012/13 University of South Caxias / Caxias do Sul, Rio Grande do Sul, (Brazil)
>>  Bachelor's degree in Psychology (incomplete) - Minor Educational Psychology

>> 2002 Saint Petersburg College / St. Petersburg, FL (USA)
>>Bachelor's degree in Liberal Arts - minor: Creative Writing

>> 1998 State University of Londrina / Londrina, PR (Brazil)
>>Bachelor's degree in Social Communications - minor: Journalism

>> 1992 State High School Dr. Álvaro Coelho / São Paulo (Brazil)
>>High School Diploma

>> WORK EXPERIENCE

>>  2016~today
In Presidente Venceslau, SP (Brazil) -Anglo School for Primary Education www.colegioescoteco.com.br and Colégio Objetivo in High School Education - Language Coordinator/ English, Spanish, and Portuguese Instructor

>> 2016 ~ today PBF English/Español  and FISK School / Presidente Venceslau, SP (Brazil)
Coordinator/ English, German, Spanish and Portuguese Instructor; Independent Writer

>> 2016 - today  Curious.com / Melo, CA, (USA)
Online English, German, Spanish, and Portuguese Instructor/ Screewriter and Editor

>> 2002 ~ 2016 PBF English/Español School / Caxias do Sul, RS (Brazil)
Owner/ Coordinator/ English, German, and Portuguese Instructor/ Independent Writer

>> 1999 ~ 2002 Tokyo Bay Japanese Restaurant / Isla de Sol, Pinellas County (USA)
>> Hostess/Cashier at Tokyo Bay January 1998 - May 2002 (4 years 5 months)

>> Received guests, took reservations and take-out orders over the counter and over the phone. I controlled the cash register 6 days a week, from 4 to 11pm. I picked up all phone calls, cleaned my station, and folded origamis for decoration purposes or for children's entertainment. Tokyo Bay is a Japanese American sushi restaurant owned by a Japanese chef, called Eiji Sonogi, located on Isla del Sol, right at a golf club resort and down by the waters of Tierra Verde and Saint Pete Beach, Gulf of Mexico.

>> 2000 ~ 2002 All Natural Botanicals / Pinellas Park, FL (USA)
*International Marketing, Sales, and Customer Service Associate
* Participated in several national trade shows.
* Elaborated text for packaging and reviewed the company’s catalog.
*Added few Latin-American accounts.

>> 1996 ~ 1997 Radio Universidade FM / Londrina, PR (Brazil)
>> Radio News Reporter, Writer, Editor, and Producer
* Wrote the hourly breaking news: international politics, sports, and economy.
*Radiocasted the daily show “Atualidades” for entertainment topics.
*Collaborated with other shows interviewing and brainstorming.
* Took over live coverage of local events.

>> 1995 ~ 1996 SERCOMTEL / Londrina, PR (Brazil)
>> ESL Instructor in-company
*Taught associates English language using the educational method named Wisdom.
*Weekly attended meetings with other instructors and supervisors to improve and accelerate the employee’s foreign language skills.
*Helped the company to approach the international business standards of TQM.

>> 1994 ~ 1996 CRCOM Comunicação Empresarial / Londrina, PR (Brazil)
>> Public Relations
* Developed promotional campaigns, elaborated press releases and clippings for accounts such as Mazda, Nissan, and SEBRAE (Brazilian company).
*Organized the annual national business communication conference: joining remarkable professionals of advertisement and journalism fields with local university students in order to create and discuss new ideas in seminars and workshops.

>> EXTRA COURSES

>> Hollywood English Institute – Proficiency in English Language, 1990 - Brazil
>>Fisk English School – Certified English Teacher diploma, 1992 - Brazil
>>Pink and Blue-Freedom – Certified English Teacher, 1994 - Brazil
>>Londrina AME - Screenplay Writing Course, 1997 - BrazilMãe de Deus (German Catholic School - Goethe Institut) – German Language, 1994~1997 -
>> Tomlinson Adult Learning Center - English as a Second Language, 1998 -
>> TOEFL CBT - 210 score and IELTS.
>> Both taken in Saint Pete /FL/USA
>> English in Dublin - English as a Second Language, 2010 - Dublin/Ireland
>> English Days at Disneyworld - English as a Second Language, 2011 - Orlando/FL/USA
>> Acting Lessons at the Community Labs Project - 2012 - Performing a play written by myself along with other 13 actors before a 700 ticket buyers. 
>>Drum Learner since 2013

>> AWARDS
*The President's List - GPA 3.75

>> I hold a legal Brazilian passport, no illegal records, several former bosses's recommendation letters, and hold type R, USA Visa B1/B2, Social Security Number, a Florida Driver's License and a USA work permit granted by the American Government for international students, which is proper for work hiring and/or business attempts. I am looking forward to hearing from any job opening. I am willing to take over any position in any educational instituition being in the management department, faculty, or for  teachers' assistant.

Truly yours,
Laila Chris Batista

>> WhatsApp + 55 (18) 99774-2901
>> lailachris@gmail.com
>>languagecorner@yahoo.com
>> about.me/lailachris
>> http://www.teacherlaila.com
>> teacherlailachris.blogspot.com.br

No comments:

Post a Comment

If you want your comment puplished, English writing is required.

Vacation and New Kitty in the Block

Is hope a feeling? Hell, yeah.  Is burden a thing? Double hell, yeah. Since vacation started (there is no accurate date when it ...