Monday, January 16, 2017

More January Fears... Or Challenges?

2012 - I was forced to move out my entire school to a whole new address. Fine, but it took us 6 months to get over this (fear) challenge. I had to hire more employees and hiring people in Brazil is the worst part about being an entrepreneur: loads of bureaucracy, expenses and Labour Union crap.
2013 - A student of mine was cold-bloodedly murdered. We had a local tragedy: almost 200 college students got killed in a party venue fire. Somebody I knew deeply was caught stealing our school big cash.
2014 - A teacher I had hired and believed in his/her potential quit his/her position due to ego related problems. I had to quit my Psychology major, therapy, and started getting heavily medicated. It was the beginning of my self ending.
2015 - Things got a little better at our business but Brazil got into a national crazy mothefuck*ng crisis. As a conclusion: businesses started shutting down; big ones, small shops, restaurants, clothing stores, industries, carriers, and therefore people began quitting getting educated because in a poor country in crisis what matters is getting healthy and fed. On July 10th, I was madly verbally abused by a nutty mother of a student's that I had to run to a police station and report the facts and almost sued the damn woman. Therefore, this year was going to be the last year we ran our own school. I was about to "retire" on being a language teacher (26 years teaching...)
2016 - On Jan 10th we announced our co-workers THE END was just around the corner. March 3rd, hubby and I moved back to São Paulo after 25 years. We began running one of our family business (no employees this time), Roberto got back into Judo training and I started singing, dancing, and writing in Portuguese.
2017 - This started as a disaster due to some super duper personal matters that I am not ready yet to write about here. I've been digesting the recent suicide of the son of a friend of mine. And at the same time, I am currently hired by 4/5 jobs... Money is not an issue anymore, kinda, however there is something super cruel breaking my heart, cutting my throat, numbing my senses... I wish I could rant about... but I can only go around and swallow the poison.

God help me and and guide my 2017.

No comments:

Post a Comment

If you want your comment puplished, English writing is required.

Vacation and New Kitty in the Block

Is hope a feeling? Hell, yeah.  Is burden a thing? Double hell, yeah. Since vacation started (there is no accurate date when it ...