Wednesday, December 30, 2015

Important to share: HOW TO GET MORE SEX

...AND LESS TV

Well, it has been 8 months I don't have any TV of any kind in my apartment. We meant to get rif of it a long time ago. However, when you can still affoard it, you see no pointing in eliminating it. But in my case, yeah, it has been EIGHT MONTHS with no commercials, no stupid news, no knowing about sport which I never knew how to play. My mom trust me once on basketball when I was 7, but I can barely pour coffee in my coffee mug. I could never fit a small ball in a basket. I miss though to know about the weather and the war in Syria and Iran.

Let us not lose the merit of being 240 days without TV. I notice that I started missing some stand-up comedy jokes and some memes would make better sense if I had first seen on TV. Apart from that, my life may have improved, I just don't know in which way. I did clean the house more often and I was not going to mention something so private, but hey, this is my blog. I won't soon be teaching kids and I feel free enough to say that the sex drive is "OMG" 10 thousand times better. People who don't own TV must  have more sex (period).

Since the first UFC without TV, I'd thought: "This is not gonna work!" And we endured and felt like fish out of the sea... People will mention HBO series that you are unable to see. But, besides not having TV home, we don't eat sugar or any food processed with sugar as my husband is diabetic; we are vegans, that means we only have plant based food, and my husband is a martial artist, so he trains a lot throughout the day, every single day: Brazilian Jiu Jitsu, Judo, and Muai Thai. So he loves watching UFC, and it is freaking expensive to pay perview on every fight. Not having TIVO is the same as not having remote control.

I don't think I restarted reading more BOOKS after I gave up on TV. I started paying attention to them. I reorganized them in my house and at work. However, I started reading instructions, manifestos, recipes and things that I would never read from top to bottom. I became more resilient. I am patient with myself so I continued being this patient.

#1)Are you going to keep  not having a TV?
Well, if my relatives do not interfere, no TV for the rest of my life.

#2)Would you recommend to try?
You'd have to live secluded like my husband and I. Because you might not have a TV in your homes, but then you like watching that soccer match so much and your brother-in-law has that huge LED TV or you can't live without that soap opera, but you know loves soap operas too and you self-invite to their homes. If you do things things way, you should consider addiction. Think if you are addicted to the news at lunchtime. What are you going to do? You see? It is addiction. We are talking about 1984 inside out. It is scary.

I am getting cleaned up! :)

Teacher Laila Chris's Testimonies on quitting TV on her life.
Written on December 30th, 2015
39, Journalist, Language Teacher, and Entrepreneur

No comments:

Post a Comment

If you want your comment puplished, English writing is required.

Vacation and New Kitty in the Block

Is hope a feeling? Hell, yeah.  Is burden a thing? Double hell, yeah. Since vacation started (there is no accurate date when it ...