Saturday, September 27, 2014

5 different Liquid Eyeliner Brands Review

My favorite eyeline design: the cat eye
I am not very fond of  writing about girly stuff but I deal with eyeliners almost every day, no, literally every day. Let me explain: I have permanent black lines on my lids, let's say, something like thin lines tattooed at the root of my lashes. As they are permanent, I seem to be wearing eyeliner 24/7 and I might  because I simply enjoy drawing different shapes of lines on my lids. My number one design is the cat one, but it is so hard to pull it off.   Anywho, I want this post to be an eyeliner review on 5 different brands that I can get in Brazil. I am no rich, so I cannot afford foreign make-up. If you may know, Brazil is the most expensive country to live in. It is fucking hard to afford cars, a real estate, electronic devices, and don't get me started on perfumes and makeups. Therefore, we ought to be careful buyers. I want quality makeup at low cost. I own 5 different brands of eyeliners, so I decided on reviewing them for Brazilian makeup freaks. Hopefully, you will have fun with this review as much as I did. I measured not only the product itself but also its price and its availability in our country. These are the products:

1. Jasmyne Liner - price in Brazilian currency: R$9.75.  It is a brand that I could only find in make-up stores. It is the cheapest one and that is a plus. It coats well and it dries out immediately because it is already dry in the container. It is so dry that it hardens from the container, becoming impossible to apply on the lids and design with it. It lasted a month before hardening completely. Whereas, I will try to get another container because I liked it anyway.
2. Natura Aquarela Liner - price in Brazilian currency: R$23.80. This brand can only be found online or from catalogues. This liner is not a must. The texture should be creamier and it draws one line perfectly, but the brush is very spongy and it dries out too fast to draw the second line. It often disappoints me. I am not getting another container unless it is on sale. 
3. Intense O Boticário Liner - price in Brazilian currency: R$17.90.
This liner is cheaper than some drugstore brands. As it is not an expensive product, it becomes a bargain considering the top quality of product. It is not runny. It dries quite fast and it coats dramaticly. I highly recommend this eyeliner in case you live in Brazil. This brand is sold exclusively at O Boticário stores and they are located all over the country. The price is awesome for the job it does. 
4. Vult Liner - price in Brazilian currency: R$21.90.
This brand is easily found at any Brazilian drugstore. It is very watery. It takes forever to dry out. It is so runny that you should  watch it in case you tilt the unlidded container, the black liquid may spill onto your vanity. I make mistakes in my lines everytime I try to use this brand. I don't recommend it at all. I am not buying another one. Besides, it is too pricey. The brush is not spongy enough so it does not soak up the makeup black liquid which is supposed to be a much thicker fluid. It is simply bad.

            5. VS Beauty Rush Liner - price in Brazilian currency: R$ 29.00. The only imported brand of my personal collection. I got it as a present. The brush is tiny thin and the liquid is glittery. Sadly, it is not well pigmented. It is perfect for finish touches, although the brush is too flexible and it is too difficult to hold and design perfect lines. I just think it is too expensive for what it gives. I would gladly accept another one as a present, but it is not good business to invest on this liner. I will never get one for myself. Victoria's Secret products are hard to find where I live and that is a huge no-no to this brand. :(

My left hand holding the 5 brands while the right takes the pic.
O Boticário brand, the red one in the middle, receives my thumbs up.

1 comment:

  1. I actually thought the Vult one worked really well and I am a big fan of the brush.. I bought it a while ago, so I don't remember the price, but I thought I got it for a lot cheaper.

    ReplyDelete

If you want your comment puplished, English writing is required.

Vacation and New Kitty in the Block

Is hope a feeling? Hell, yeah.  Is burden a thing? Double hell, yeah. Since vacation started (there is no accurate date when it ...