Wednesday, December 18, 2013

I don't know who wrote this poem... So sorry for its author.

Suicide
My Bridge of sighs divides in two a town...
I stare into the river’s spew, 
It mirrors dumb despair, -
why worry what the world will do
when one’s no longer there? 
The grieving grass is hung with dew, 
shaved, stumpy trees stripped bare; -
shivering ghosts of greyish hue
in sharp autumnal air.
My bridge of sighs divides in two
a town of spirit spare, 
and therefore, by extension, too, 
linked life to - God knows where.
Where are the friendships once I knew.
the love that two should share? 
The once exciting avenue
of life’s an impasse where, 
as I past happiness review
with emptiness compare, 
the options, once so bright and blue, 
too soon seem tarnished, wear.
Forlorn men fenced off from the blue, 
worn faces, torn white hair -
from uniformity of view
I turn without a prayer.
For future life, reborn anew, 
nor prayer, regret, nor dare, 
a splash, some bubbles, all is  through ! 
Will anybody care ?  

18 June 1975 

No comments:

Post a Comment

If you want your comment puplished, English writing is required.

Vacation and New Kitty in the Block

Is hope a feeling? Hell, yeah.  Is burden a thing? Double hell, yeah. Since vacation started (there is no accurate date when it ...