Saturday, October 19, 2013

    Ms Burden's Profile
      Sup? I'm Laila Chris Burden. Welcome to My Pawnshop. English isn't my mother tongue, but that's the language in which I best communicate. Besides a blogger, I am a teacher, a poet, a stationery junkie, a married woman, and have four cats. I teach languages, do pilates and therapy, and major in psychology. I speak Portuguese on the daily basis. Brazil is the country where I live and in here people speak this awesome latin language. I also speak German, Spanish, some French, Mandarin, and Japanese. I am a visual arts freak, although I'm very fond of music. I lived in Florida for a while though my trip was part of an exchange student program. I went to the US to achieve another college degree. I studied Liberal Arts in Saint Petersburg, Pinellas County (Tampa Bay area), USA. I had also taken another college degree course in Brazil before moving to Uncle Sam's land. I hold a bachelor's degree in Journalism. Another interesting fact of my life is that my present occupation is not actually based on writing or arts per se. I teach ESL- English as a Second Language. Never would I imagine becoming a teacher in this life. Well, maybe I should have since my both parents are ESL teachers. My husband manages our ESL school, PBF, and teaches English as well. We live along with a Siamese cat called Tibby, a black short-hair one called Pancho Villa, and two others, a grey one called Felino Gracie and a tabby kitty called Lentilha. I am terrible driver but a wonderful chef. Hubby's name is Roberto and we are both from Sao Paulo. We were non officially married for 14 years and have been 2 years officially married. We tied the knots in Vegas, at Graceland Chapel on December 31st 2011. We have been dating since September 1991. Btw, I'm in my late thirties. Hubby and I have been going through gizillions of ups and downs in this life and yet we keep on moving. We work hard to pay utilities including the broad band Internet wireless connection which allows me blog on. We do struggle. We do love what we do. I love my writings, my husband, my kitties, my occupation, my blogs. I love being the kind of monkey I turned out being.

      Ms Burden

No comments:

Post a Comment

If you want your comment puplished, English writing is required.

Vacation and New Kitty in the Block

Is hope a feeling? Hell, yeah.  Is burden a thing? Double hell, yeah. Since vacation started (there is no accurate date when it ...