Thursday, May 6, 2010

Long Live Punk Rock

Today was an unforgettable day to me. I went to a very very very traditional catholic high school here in town to lecture on PUNK ROCK. AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHH!!! Yeah. That was the word that can best describe this feeling. I loved it. Some of my pbf students invited me to deliver a speech on the subject and I accepted right away. I had like 40 high middle-class kids at the age of 16 or 17 facing me and and they did listen to me and they applauded me. I was really thrilled. I trembled. I lost my track during the presentation. I did lose my track gizillions of times. But I lectured about everything I needed to in the exact 25 minutes I was assigned. I think I nailed it somehow because everybody said so and I have got to believe in this. Don't ask me how I got it but I did. The students invited me for this maybe because I've been dating a punk since forever. Maybe because we've always dreamed of playing in a punk rock band. Actually, Roberto did. He was the bassist in a band called "SAFETY PINS."  I even got to play songs of THE CLASH and THE SEX PISTOLS and made the students compare them, their styles and translate words. Oh my... Ha! "I am an anti-christ..." These words in a catholic school... hauhauhauhuhuhaauhau No more comments.

No comments:

Post a Comment

If you want your comment puplished, English writing is required.

Vacation and New Kitty in the Block

Is hope a feeling? Hell, yeah.  Is burden a thing? Double hell, yeah. Since vacation started (there is no accurate date when it ...