Thursday, January 22, 2009

I'm back

Sooooo, I've finally stomped my feet on European soil. The countries of choice were outstanding. We visited The Netherlands, Germany, back to The Netherlands, Ireland, England, and back to Ireland again. We went twice to the countries which got more popular among the backpackers. I wonder why. We were seven travelers.

My number one place was Berlin. I am definitely going back there.

What I learned from this trip is that Europe is not all that as many people preach about; and it also made me realize that the USA is far much better than Europe for tourism and tourists. The USA is cheaper and it offers way better hospitality services. European cities are just as dirty as a few Brazilian ones. English folks are not snob at all. Au contraire, they are hilarious. Italian tourists are a bunch of posers and a lot inconvinient. Dubliners are the nicest people ever. And Amsterdam is the trash can of the Muslim world (so sorry!).

European historical buildings are fascinating and the weather is not that bad in winter. We get the same kinds of temperature when it is winter down here. I couldn't even see snowing (quite sad!). I do want to travel abroad again. Maybe in 2010, I'll be able to afford another trip. We've been considering South Africa or Barbados, or maybe both (LOL).

PS: Be aware... not everything I mentioned about EUROPE was based on deep visit or throrough knowledge.

4 comments:

  1. I went to the Netherlands (Amsterdam) two years ago. I thought it was beautiful there, but I couldn't understand all the trash floating in the canals. People shouldn't litter! Things were way more expensive. I didn't like having to pay to use the toilet either. The people were a lot more reserved compared to people here in the US. They didn't seem quite as friendly either. The buildings were beautiful. The culture was interesting. I didn't care much for the food, but I am American. (lol).

    I had a great time. I would love to go back someday, but glad to live in the United States!

    You should visit Indiana!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Welcome home!

    It's kind of funny. A couple of friends and I would LOVE to live in Europe -- especially Italy! What cities in Italy did you see?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yeah! I will. My visitor's visa for the US has been expired so I am not able to go to Indiana right now but as soon as I get my visa renewed, I am so going back to the USA. Miss that place really bad.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Zilla! How've you been?

    I've listed the countries I visited in Europe on my post and Italy was not included. I don't live in Italy but I live surrounded by Italians and that kinda makes me not willing to get to know their country so much. Although, I might travel to Italy someday... Who knows? It is improbable but not impossible. Why would your friends like to live in Europe? Well, I'd definitely live in Iceland.

    ReplyDelete

If you want your comment puplished, English writing is required.

Vacation and New Kitty in the Block

Is hope a feeling? Hell, yeah.  Is burden a thing? Double hell, yeah. Since vacation started (there is no accurate date when it ...