Tuesday, September 9, 2008

a flork message...

Hi there,

Thanks for the good words... They cheered me up a great deal. Down here, things aren't fun either. I keep reposting old entries on my blog as I haven't been feeling like writing much. It's been wildly crazy around here. Been working my butt off and hardly ever getting rewarding smiles or fullfilling words from my students or their parents. Let´s not get started with the adults... since i teach all ages, I get to realize that, no matter people's age, I will always have hard time to get my teachings across. My methods are far from traditional and that is just the way I am. The lack of tradition and my faulty memory is never forgiven and I don't blame them. I never rely on note pads, or palm tops, or my pc to write down my tasks and that kills me. I sometimes try to start standard procedures but in two or three days I am totally out of them.

Maybe for the fact that I do not have a child of my own, people don't see me responsible enough to teach kids well... or they believe that I just can´t make them behave properly in class. I don't know what to do with brats who talk back to me. I am not the kind of teacher who likes to use authority as a tool to get what is best out of my students as I don't think this is the right way. I can't work with slower minds. I can't handle people with learning disorders. I am not perfect. I just can't be that.

I don't write as often as I want and I don't get to write about everything I deeply want since many of my students read my blog and I would feel really uncomfortable to write all I want. Perhaps, I'd better initiate another blogspot and at this time I'm not gonna advertise it. Keeping it personal and that would be it.

I am really sorry that it takes me too long to reply my flork messages or that I don't give feedback on your comments on my blog. That all happens because I am a way crazy busy individual who has difficulties in dealing with all my duties and efforts. My life is hard and I can really say that. It is hard not because of my overwhelming 42 hours in class weekly, besides extra hours handling admnistrative school matters, and on top of all those things I also live in the school building because I can't afford a home, blah, blah, blah... My life is not hard for all that... It is hard because I work with people and people DO suck.

you take care,
Laila

2 comments:

  1. I think you don't give yourself enough credit for what you do. You teach people to speak another language right? That's tough especially with adults.

    I think you are marvelous, I've seen the way you interact with your students, I've seen the way those kids love you, I've seen plenty of really good stuff coming out of you hon, and I just want to say, don't let a couple of bad apple shit heads get the best of you.

    We can't please everyone, some people are just looking for something to complain about.
    love,
    Lori

    ReplyDelete
  2. Teaching must be hard. I know that supervising 4 or more children is hard for me. Children are the most challenging people of all, they demand complete honesty and focus. I'm sure your students will remember you fondly for your gentle methods. And it's cool that you live in the school!
    love,
    rain
    ps. love the pics looks like you are on a train.

    ReplyDelete

If you want your comment puplished, English writing is required.

Vacation and New Kitty in the Block

Is hope a feeling? Hell, yeah.  Is burden a thing? Double hell, yeah. Since vacation started (there is no accurate date when it ...