Wednesday, March 5, 2008

Do I still know how to post on blogs?

I don't remember the last time I tried to write, for real, on this blog. You may wonder, "Doesn't she know that on top of each post there is the posting date?" Well, I know the day of my last public post. Anyone who blogs have got to know that, I guess. What I am saying is that I don't recall the last time I tried to write for real on this blog.

I mean, writing right, creatively, and powerfully. Have I ever written that way? Not sure. One thing I know for sure: I always start posts by dwelling on the writing process and I never enclose these kinds of thoughts. My plan is to talk/type about my last vacation and give an update on my latest discoveries on myself.

Vacation was okay. It was too short as usual. I am not gonna complain about it, actually. I got my tattoo before leaving for Sao Paulo. I was afraid I was not gonna get that done. However, it's there: colorful, charming, and neatly drawn on my left arm. And what about Sao Paulo? My home place was fine as usual. I didn't get to see my parents, though. I had some fun with Jennifer, my middle sister, and with a great friend of my mine called Jeronimo. There is this YouTube video of us having fun at bar at about 3:00 o'clock in the morning. I overdrank, overate, overslept, and over-enjoyed on my past vacation. Can't wait to have it again.

I have been back on business for the last two months already. More and more new students are getting to enroll in my school and that is scaring me a great deal. I am glad I am not going to teach all those guys. That also scares the hell out of me. I cannot allow things get screwed up. God, help us there, please.

Soon I'll be writing here about my trip to Europe. I am so going to study in Ireland by December this year. I won't give out much info for now since I am not really aware of all details of it. What I know is that I will be there.


The latest things I've figured about myself:

-I've found out I am an insufferable braggart when it comes to my school matters.
-I am NOT a blunt person.
-I criticize people.
-I am a little sarcastic.
-I ask a lot of questions in a conversation, to find out about people, their thoughts, etc.
-I rarely admit I am wrong about something when I am in a conversation.
-I make eye-contact and use body language in conversations.
-I generalize.
-I get personal with people in conversations; I may even gossip about a mutual friend.
-I compliment people spontaneously.
-I like to talk about myself. I am not a good listener. In short, I pretty much suck.
-I usually talk about personal problems, people, their way of being, hopes, desires, my family...
-I get personal when I write a letter to someone, but not face to face in a conversation.
-I help to keep a conversation flowing, however I am many times provocative, controversial, confrontational... That is my style.
-I like to get my say, get in a few comments, no matter what the topic
-I don't assert something, but I might preface a comment with "I think, I suppose, perhaps and even copy and paste other people's comments without their authorization"
-I talk a lot... No. I talk way too much.
-If I ask a question, it is generally a yes-no answer I am looking for
-I don't mind talking about a situation where I was embarrassed,humiliated and so on.
-I am never clear and that pisses my husband off
-I am gonna die some day.

Also check the links below...
http://thepawnbroker.blogspot.com/2005/07/15-random-thoughts-and-queries.html
http://thepawnbroker.blogspot.com/2006/01/i-just-wanna-know-why.html
http://thepawnbroker.blogspot.com/2007/03/random-thoughts-part-ii.html

2 comments:

  1. That's what I'm talking about, I love it when you self explore, and then tell us about it, it makes me think.

    And I loved the video, wish I spoke the language, darn it, but you sound fun as heck to hang with, just like I knew you would be! xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. I had to rewrite this post since I had made it under the influence of some alcoholic mood. I would like you, Lori, to re-read it someday.

    love
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete

If you want your comment puplished, English writing is required.

Vacation and New Kitty in the Block

Is hope a feeling? Hell, yeah.  Is burden a thing? Double hell, yeah. Since vacation started (there is no accurate date when it ...