Tuesday, May 15, 2007

Self-Portrait and Poetry Tuesday...




IMPRESSIONS
by Lisa Zaran

I have forced nothing out of my life
except love
and its ten thousand variations.

I bleed on nobody's carpet
except my own
which I dyed red just for this purpose.

I want nothing from you
except you
and every skeletal bone from your past.

I want your present too
and your future and your death
so that I may be the one

to carry you into the next life.

I want to be laid beside you
in a grave below roots and detection
in the same coffin

so that we can be put to rest
front to front, our mouths touching.

2 comments:

  1. You megre into the green. You have great earring. The poem is perfection. What season are you having there?

    ReplyDelete
  2. We're heading to winter, but I guess it is fall. Fall and spring seasons are not easily noticed in tropical countries. That green on the background stays that way throughout the year.

    ReplyDelete

If you want your comment puplished, English writing is required.

Vacation and New Kitty in the Block

Is hope a feeling? Hell, yeah.  Is burden a thing? Double hell, yeah. Since vacation started (there is no accurate date when it ...