Thursday, March 8, 2007

I understand...

...that it is a bit too late for New Year's resolution. I also understand that if I don't write anything about it sooner or later, I won't be able to blame myself for the things I didn't do from the list of resolutions during this year. So here I go...

I wanna become a better person. No bull, seriously! I'm through with my slob lifestyle. By that, I mean living better, in a soother way. I will work harder. Not that I don't work hard enough already, but I'll do it aiming at becoming that 'better' person I'd mentioned. For instance, my kitchen will have to be spotless from now on. Or at least, the kitchen sink will have to provide room for cooking, making sandwiches, or just brewing some coffee without bumping on dirty dishes.

My bedroom will finally turn into a sanctuary. I have worked on remodeling it so that I'll be able to create an inspiring environment to sleep in, meditate, read, and so on, and so on... Well, well, well, frankly, so far, hum... my room has become already a possible living place thanks to the cleaning lady, Odete. That's all I could get. However, there are many more things to get done for my bedroom such as finishing up those beaded curtains (that I'm making myself) and gettin' them installed, locating a handmade chest of drawers, some decent sheets, and finding more pictures to hang on the wall. This coming weekend, Roberto and I will go shopping for some of those items.

Plus, I've thoroughly considered moving out of the school which it'd be a great relief. It's no doubt that we would improve our mental health by not living where we actually work. Maybe, that is exactly what we need: to find an apartment that'll be called 'home'. In case you, reader, don't know where I reside... sit down for this... hubby and I occupy one of the classrooms of the language school we own. So, our living room is actually the students' lounge. Our dining table is, in fact, the front desk. Our study is the computer lab. We have lived this way for years now.

Living like this is not a burden (laughing to that word), lemme tell you this. We do it because that's the way we've figured to save money to purchase a nice apartment for ourselves someday. It's also a lack of better choice, honestly speaking (or writing). Nonetheless, I enjoy living in here. Meh! I can't deny. I'm overtired for not having a home, real one. It's about time to go after this change.

Last week, Roberto and I spoke about this change over lunch. At first, I thought I'd have to make up his mind toward this matter. I was wrong. He totally agreed and he clearly sees that this lifestyle is killing us. When we close our business doors every night, we are not resting 'cause we are home and we're still at work simultaneously, every - single - day. We also understand that this moving thing won't be either cheap or easy. Well, nothing ventured', nothing gained - what a cliche! Who cares about cliches at this point? What I care is about our well-being and this is getting way too much. We ought to move out and period. The only question left is 'who will pay for the moving expenses?'

Perhaps, I'd better stop venting because there are many good things about living in the work place. We never have to worry about parking space when coming to work because we live there. We don't worry about arriving on time either. In case of getting sick or bad digestion, we are one step away from bed and taking naps when necessary is never a problem. We are never concerned about forgetting apartment keys, bills to pay on the desk, or personal E-mails opened on the computer screen 'cause our personal life is along with the professional one (oops!). But what about having to afford an extra rent? Having to furnish a whole new place? That'd be way tough. Wowoweewa. So many pros and cons. It is hard to define what is best in the end.

The only thing I understand... the only darn stuff I see... the only thing I really really know is that changes are good, but keeping things the way they are is many times more soothing! As far as I've been struggling on being a BETTER person... I'm cool with my 2007 resolutions and let's root to make them happen.

Curiosity Fact: HAPPY INTERNATIONAL WOMEN'S DAY!

4 comments:

  1. Happy International Women's day to you too!

    I think it is very cool that you live at your school. I had no idea that you did so.

    ReplyDelete
  2. 'change is the only constant'.

    good luck with the decision-making! a restless mind kinda ensures you're not stuck in a rut, ever.

    and happy women's day! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Excellent resolutions!!!

    Funny, I was right there with you on getting off my ass to pursue the changes needed, then I was right there with you on why staying put is currently more convenient.
    We have many similar things going on right now. A lot of the same choices to make. The fact that we're all considering the choices means change is probably coming soon. I don't change gracefully, but I embrace it after it happens.

    Can someone just put me under and wake me up when change is over?

    *Not fair, I know.

    Gotta go chase kids, but loved this post.
    And Happy International Women's Day to you, too!

    Will you join us tonight for a chat party???

    http://stamant.org/friendsroom.html

    ReplyDelete
  4. @Rain
    Yeah, I do live where I work and that sounds good or maybe bad, it is just WEIRD.

    @Phoenix
    The reason we can't move out right now is merely financial... We are also so stuck on the same old stuff too... We are lazy - true fact.

    @Ange
    I'm so appreciated that you enjoyed this post. I wrote it with bleeding honest heart!

    ReplyDelete

If you want your comment puplished, English writing is required.

Vacation and New Kitty in the Block

Is hope a feeling? Hell, yeah.  Is burden a thing? Double hell, yeah. Since vacation started (there is no accurate date when it ...