Saturday, February 10, 2007

Das ist ein NICHT-NICHT

I've been watching zillions of Sacha Baron Cohen's videos on YouTube and on PeekVid lately. I understand that he creates controversial characters and that his humor is pretty difficult to digest.

I don't blame all those who feel offended by his sketches or interviews on HBO and especially now that Borat's documentary has come out worldwide. Anyone can say that he's NOT politically correct.

Borat's movie is what hubby would call "Globalized World Sense of Humor." We go through times when pretty much everything is allowed, except killing, pls. Along with that, I'd say that Cohen's comedy is just like Andy Kauffman's work, but finely modernized. I myself found the movie a delight. It amazingly turned out to be the most offensive and insanely vicious film I have ever seen. I caught myself literally laughing so loudly that I certainly annoyed everyone else around me, except for the fact that they were laughing louder than I did.

Sacha B. Cohen is horribly bright though it is quite difficult to grasp cleverness on making cheap fun of others. Regardless, this is his main trick: the actor comes up with the best jokes by humiliating people and period. If the audience wants to have fun with it, it simply has to accept it. Let's take Bruno for example (see photo). This guy is an Austrian MTV host who happens to be very very 'flamboyant'. Well, he's actually gay, is currently dating a Brazilian guy (LOL to that), and is nicely spontaneous. Bruno is for real TOO spontaneous sometimes, especially on interviews.

I agree that Ali G is fun. I believe Borat is a few times disgusting but many times lovable, but Bruno is my number one Sacha's persona (I know many won't share the same opinion. Who cares?) After seeing this Bruno's interview, I figured that gays are really like him, or at least, that is what gays should be like. In other words, Bruno faces "gay haters" in a light and non-bias way (he's never shown standing up for gays which is very singular for a gay person - applauds to that.) On that video, Bruno talked to a 'gay converter' pastor as they were just equal, on the same level, which is comprehensible since they are nothing but equal. It's something like: "While you think being gay is repugnant, I find it FABULOUS!"

The highlight of that interview (Haven't you clicked on it yet? Don't take time...) is when Bruno selects a list of things, attitudes, or traditions that could be considered gayish according to the pastor's opinion. The gay TV host sets a rule: whatever is seen as being a GAY thing, the pastor must say: "That is a NICHT-NICHT", and whatever is not, then that would be called an AH-JA. I laughed so hard at that. The NICHT-NICHT list is hilarious just because it is widely accepted by Bruno (again: who is GAY). That made me wish to make up my own list of NICHT-NICHT stuff too. Here it comes:

1. If eating "very very very" chocolate is a NICHT-NICHT, what would the pastor say about eating "very very very" chocolate chip cookie dough by sticking the tube of dough into a person's mouth and pushing and pulling it, like pumping the thing, you know, going back and forth so that the cookie dough melts down, or maybe, the person gets choked??? Well... I would consider that a bit NICHT-NICHTER than a mere chocolate bar.

2. If you are a male person and own a box of all Mariah Carrie's best albuns, you oughtta double check your sexual preferences. Nothing can be more NICHT-NICHT than that. Besides, there are more items that could lead men to the NICHT-NICHT world. For instance, if they own any Divas Live DVD, tank-tops of all colors, clear or colored nail polish (nein, nein... if a man manicures and colors his nails, he does want to take a walk on the "brown" side!), Vaseline, Miatas, real jewelry, fake jewelry, fake plants, beach sandals, all kinds of GUNS, and Hawaiian T-shirts... These are 'bad/naughty' signs. Watch out you all.

3. There are sports that may be NICHT-NICHT too: Greek-Roman Wrestling is one of them. But to me, the NICHT-NICHTEST sport ever is GOLF. Check this definition on golf by Wikipedia: 'Golf is a sport in which players or teams hit a "ball" into a "hole" using clubs, and also is one of the few ball games that does not use a fixed standard playing area. It is defined in the Rules of Golf as playing a ball with a club from the teeing ground into the hole by a stroke or successive strokes in accordance with the Rules.' I've always wondered why that "chocolate face" golf player is called Tiger Woods... wowowoweewow!

4. Another NICHT-NICHT factor IMAO is speaking by using NICHT-NICHT words or terms. And let me list here a number of some gayish linguistic units:
a)Nibbles: 'Nibles everyone! I've made them from scratch!"
b)So: 'Mom said I'd been acting like gay. That pisses me off because that is SO not fair.'
c)Fab, Fabulous, or Fantabulosa:'I loved to spend vacation in Venice. It was really FAAAAAB.'

5. And finally, if you are a male person and have ever worn any of these costumes on Halloween: Diana Ross, Nina Hagen, Richard Simons, Batman, Robin, a Policeman or any kind of officer's uniforms... NICHT-NICHT BUSTED there, mein Freund. Willkommen to this minority group.

PS: Try also these videos 1 and 2.

4 comments:

  1. I have some issues with Cohen (though in fairness I have not seen the film) and the humor of humilation...it's just a personal taste issue. I think he's talented however because he can just melt into a character.

    I have never Halloween'd as any of those things listed, however when I was 11 my little brother (who was 8) and I went as Starsky and Hutch. It's a long and sordid story.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Starsky and Hutch... Uhm... that is SO NICHT-NICHT, Ron!

    ReplyDelete
  3. well we were young, impressionable...and we needed the money...er candy.

    there's a longer version of the story that involves us almost coming to blows over who was gonna be Hutch (the much cooler, taller, blonder, and handsomer David Soul). My brother David, thought HE should be Hutch because his name was David- at 8 he was a bit weak in the socratic method of debate. I on the other hand being older, taller, cooler and let's face it...older and taller...I won out. He still got more candy than me the little jerk.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Brothers and sisters work like that: "The younger, the cuter. The older, the sucker." HUAHUAHAUAHUA I can say that coz I'm the oldest of three girls.

    ReplyDelete

If you want your comment puplished, English writing is required.

Vacation and New Kitty in the Block

Is hope a feeling? Hell, yeah.  Is burden a thing? Double hell, yeah. Since vacation started (there is no accurate date when it ...