Saturday, November 18, 2006

I've missed Me Me's... I've missed many other things too.

A ME ME... Again??? Yeah! I am not proud of it but this is what exactly talked me into it. Well, I had to write something on this spot. Sorry for not having done it for all this long. I'd been lacking ideas. I'd been lacking time to do it mostly. So, I stole this Me Me from Lori who had got it from Rain and here I am writing all this BS for myself again. Hope I got this thing right. Hope you guys like it. I love My Blogspot and that is what matters in the end!!! Here it is:

1. Explain what ended your last relationship. You got an hour our two?
It was not a relationship per se. I hope this explains it.

2. When was the last time you shaved?
My mustache has never been shaved. My legs? They were shaved last holiday which was last Wednesday, November 15th, when we celebrated Brazilian republic.

3. What were you doing this morning at 8 a.m.?
I was getting ready for my morning ESL class. It starts at 8:30 every Saturday.

4. What were you doing 15 minutes ago?
I was pouring me more cold two-day old wine, fresh from the fridge.

5. Are you any good at math?
If I were any good at math, I would not have to figure out my students' GPA's holding three calculators.

6. Your prom night?
What about that? I had no prom night.

7. Do you have any famous ancestors?
Famous? My grandma used to be an exorcist back in her oooooold days. I guess that made her famous in her neighborhood.

8. Have you had to take a loan out for school?
I've already needed it but I ended up working my ass off in order to skip that option.

9. Do you know the words to the song on your Myspace profile?
I haven't owned a MySpace page for months. However, when I had one, I used to change songs so often that it'd have been impossible to know the words.

10. Last thing received in the mail?
Bills, just like Lori.

11. How many different beverages have you had today?
I am having sour wine, as I had already mentioned on this post previously. I've had coffee and a banana and apple smoothie that Roberto has blended for me. Hey, now I noticed that I haven't had a drop of water yet.

12. Do you ever leave messages on people's answering machine?
I sure do and I despise those who don't leave messages when they call.

13. Whom did you lose your CONCERT virginity to?
Don't take me wrong, but I've lost it with my former gym instructor. This is sounding funny but I'll explain: he had gotten a divorce and, maybe for this reason, he decided to invite his most regular gym goers to a Rita Lee's concert. I was just 15 and the event was going to be out of town. For all those reasons I thought mom was not gonna allow me to. And amazingly she did. She thought: "Who cares? He's just a young just-divorced who wants to impress others with young gals in his car." She was right. He was pretty kind. He drove me and the other girls to the concert pretty much neatly. Nobody had alcoholic beverages during the concert and no other illegal substances (relief!) and he dropped me off to my grandma's place - where the concert was being held - safe and sound. Mothers know best. It was a super duper night, I must say.

14. Do you draw your name in the sand when you go to the beach?
Of course not. Every time I get to a beach, the first thing I do is spot for a seafood place and I simply veg there. I DO NOT care for either seawater or sand.

15. What was the most painful dental procedure you had?
My dental procedures are always painless. I don't wanna brag about Brazilian dentistry but I can for sure say that we've got one of the best on this planet. hehehe!!!

16. What is out your back door?
Bags of garbage. I know I am a trashy individual. There is also a barbecue grill, an old bathroom which was built for employees (Brazilian culture has invented weird stuff) and a laundry facility. There's also a set of stairs that leads me to the underground garage. It doesn't seem that way but I do live in an enormous place.

17. Any plans for Friday night?
Friday's gone. I've had plans for tonight (Saturday) but I blew it. I wish to go out to dine, if Roberto accepts my date invitation.

18. Do you like what the ocean does to your hair?
Hehehehe... I certainly don't.

19. Have you ever received one of those big tins of 3 different popcorn?
What the hell is that??? Down here, in Brazil, we eat fresh-made popcorn, straight from the microwave oven... hehehehehe

20. Have you ever been to a planetarium?
Nope, unfortunately.

21. Do you re-use towels after you shower?
I use and re-use them till they're not hardened.

22. Some things you are excited about?
Lately, I've been crazy about computer games. I've been having a blast with that "Mysterious Case Profiles - Prime Suspects."

23. What is your favorite flavor of JELLO?
I like the strawberry one.

24. Describe your keychain(s).
I hold more keychains than keys can be hold. One has the letter "L" shape with Mickey Mouse figure sculpted on that I got at Disney World. The other is a tiny little glass jar that stores colored sand from Fortaleza beaches (a gift from Felipe). The other reads CHRISTINA with an apple on it which I got in NYC and the last one is plastic made that a clerk gave me from a local coin laundry - it has a gooey substance in it.

25. Where do you keep your change?
I keep'em in my wallet. It's got a special place for them.

26. What kind of winter coat do you own?
I own a red vinyl one. It looks like leather made but it's not. It's pretty old and It DOES not fit me anymore. I simply freeze when it's winter down here.

27. What was the weather like on your graduation day?I had two graduation days. In Brazil, back in February 1997, the evening was pleasant just like any other Brazlian summer day. In the US (my second graduation day), it was in May 2002... and there the evening was pleasant too. I studied in Florida so I could not complain about the weather.

28. Do you sleep with the door to your room open or closed?
I sleep with my bedroom door open since I expect Tibby to jump on my bed. Sometimes, when it is pretty warm, she prefers to wander around the house.

Curiosity fact: ... And this is a note for all those who took a peek at the photo above: that is not my Tibby cat. That was another female feline that I ran into the countryside. Why isn't she on that photo??? Well, Tibby's been perfect. She's just a bit overwhelmed getting ready for the trip she'll have with Roberto and I when vacation arrives. She's filled with her own issues. We've gotta respect that.

2 comments:

  1. LMAO, girl you always make me smile, you and miss Tibby with all of her issues. Of course we have to respect that.

    Wonderful, I enjoyed reading this so much.

    Truly.

    Missed you too.

    Love you, Lori

    ReplyDelete
  2. I loved reading this too. Your answers are always interesting. First they are interesting because you are very complex, and also because you live in Brazil, which can create some answers we don't expect (who knew you had great dentists?). I've missed you, so happy that you felt like writing.

    ReplyDelete

If you want your comment puplished, English writing is required.

Vacation and New Kitty in the Block

Is hope a feeling? Hell, yeah.  Is burden a thing? Double hell, yeah. Since vacation started (there is no accurate date when it ...