Tuesday, November 21, 2006

Halloween Mood (still) Self-Portrait Tuesday


Mr. Power Broker, If You Didn't
by Frank Sloar

be honest!
nobody's recording this
tell the truth
you feel that pervasive, grinding doom I talk about,
don't you?

if you didn't,
the explosion of Christian slogans on t-shirts would peter out,
the giant suburban churches would shrink into something human
if you didn't,
you wouldn't run up the national debt with such impunity

if you didn't feel the ugliest of grim reapers enveloping your vacation home; I'd sense sincerity when you tell me how good you're doing, when you bark
at me and sneer at me as I ring up and load up your bags of lawn fertilizer

3 comments:

  1. please tell me thats not your reflection! :-D
    seriously, cool stuff.

    ReplyDelete
  2. awesome photo! love it!!

    ReplyDelete

If you want your comment puplished, English writing is required.

Vacation and New Kitty in the Block

Is hope a feeling? Hell, yeah.  Is burden a thing? Double hell, yeah. Since vacation started (there is no accurate date when it ...