Thursday, September 21, 2006

After a month of fighting Sinusitis... RELIEF

Have you ever had a cold or allergy attack that wouldn't go away? If so, there's a good chance you actually had sinusitis, like I've had. According to this site, experts estimate that millions of people are afflicted with sinusitis every year. That number may be pretty higher, since the symptoms of bacterial sinusitis frequently mimic those of colds or allergies, and many sufferers never seek a doctor (again, like me) for proper diagnosis and treatment with an antibiotic. I must confess that I did not see a physician for I was so sure that all I was having was a mere allergy or a light cold but it became worse and worse. Then, I got way worried. I figured my real condition through internet research and talking to lots of people who were going through the same stuff. As a result, I did self-medicate with antibiotics which I called "treatment" and that is really helping me get over this disease. However, I do agree that seeing a doctor is the best choice since only x-rays can show whether physical obstructions have taken place into the facial bones. As I had never had that kind of condition before, I could not tell at first the difference from having a terrible flu or if that was actually sinusitis until I started having acute headaches and a slimmy green nasal discharge (uhm... I can't wait to have pistachio ice cream.) The other symptoms were fatigue and irritability. I did not feel like working but I had to. I did not feel like talking but I had to. I did not feel like leaving my bed but I had no other choice. The worst was a non-stop coughing reaction. I sounded like an old seaman who smoked for 50 years and had rum for breakfast since his childhood. And don't get me started on the facial pain every time I had to cough or even breathe. That explains why I had been away from blogging too. Luckily, all these things are over thanks to antibiotics. The strongest symptoms are fading and soon I'll publish my "shoes meme" that Lori had tagged me and more. Lastly, I very much want that pistachio ice cream so bad - No Joke.

4 comments:

  1. Great to have you back in the blogworld! ...missed you a lil bit. :-D Cheers!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds terrible, Laila! I hope you recover soon.
    And now I need to mention this to Zilla. She seems to have some similar symptoms that keep hanging on. Although, I do believe she took some of her cat antibiotics, and that didn't clear it up, so come to think of it, what she has is viral.
    Anyway. I've missed you. Tom just saw your picture and said, "My new assisant said her dog's name is Laila, and I told her I know a Laila in Brazil, and she gave me look for more explanation, but I just said nevermind. Too complicated to explain. How is she?"
    "She has sinusitis."
    "Oh."

    Gotta love the too complicated to explain moments.
    (sending you antibodies)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey Phoenix: I missed you too, dear!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey Ange:

    Say "HI" to Tom for me. I wish his friend had a cat named Laila, but dogs are fine. My name does sound like pet ones'.

    I've received your anti-bodies and they are working well. THANKS!!!!

    ReplyDelete

If you want your comment puplished, English writing is required.

Vacation and New Kitty in the Block

Is hope a feeling? Hell, yeah.  Is burden a thing? Double hell, yeah. Since vacation started (there is no accurate date when it ...