Monday, June 19, 2006

THIS by Fernando Pessoa

They say I fake or lie
in everything I write.
No, its symply that
With me imagination
Feels - I don't use
The heart.

All I dream or go through,
All I fail or lose out
On, is like a terrace
Facing something else
Again. And that's the lovely
Thing.

It's why I write
Steeped in things not readily
At hand - free of emotions,
Serious about what isn't.
Feelings? That's the reader
Lot!

(1933 ?)


translated and edited by Edwin Honig and Susan M. Brown

4 comments:

  1. I love coming to your site, the poetry warms me, and the physical changes you make here are always aesthetically pleasing.

    Fernando Pessoa, what a beauty. Interesting work too, using the imagination to feel rather than the heart...

    Love the kandinsky too...xx, Lori

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh! It was a Kandinsky! Thank you fine artist, you have lived up to your name as always. I too love your site. You are an ever changing and evolving person.

    ReplyDelete
  3. great words! love this look, stark n chic.

    ReplyDelete
  4. All I dream or go through,
    All I fail or lose out
    On, is like a terrace
    Facing something else
    Again. And that's the lovely
    Thing.

    I think a bird crapped on my terrace! :P

    ReplyDelete

If you want your comment puplished, English writing is required.

Vacation and New Kitty in the Block

Is hope a feeling? Hell, yeah.  Is burden a thing? Double hell, yeah. Since vacation started (there is no accurate date when it ...