Friday, April 21, 2006

Planning on photos

When chatting on MSN with Ange last week, she announced that she might start blogging less often since taking pictures has kept her busy these days. Ironically, I haven't blogged much either for the very same reason. She says she's into this sort of photojournalism mood. Well... in my case, I just don't know whether I am into an artistic mood or simply registering deviant images. I care for taking distorted photos - that is the truth.

I am having a blast with my camera. The only matter, which is just a little hassle and I know I'll get over it, is that I don't get much how my camera works. Yeah... I know technology has turned all the devices pretty much simpler nowadays but I think I prefer the old heavy complicated Yashica and all its lenses that I used to own. Just point, manually adjust, and shoot - just like a gun (hehehe). Actually, I am trying harder to understand this new machine of mine. I may not be getting the best out of it, but at least I know my photos don't stink - according to some friends' opinion.

My other problem is finding themes for the snaps and figuring out my style. At first, I thought I could take pictures of people at specific events or just having fun somewhere but I can't hang out at parties. I have no time for this kind of happenings. Then, I thought of registering nature elements, although hiking isn't pretty much my thing, I'd have to take walk in the woods (and Gee! there are a lot of good places to visit)... but again, time and energy are something I don't have much to spare.

Well, in order to solve this matter I've convinced myself to get focused on urban elements, especially architecture. I've chosen to snap historical buildings since there are plenty in this are. I live and work downtown - closer to the buildings I intend to snap; I definitely should take advantage of this place where I live in. Maybe that is why this assignment has got my attention so bad. I haven't taken any photo yet, but at least I've gathered a few addresses which are going to result in cool pictures for sure. I can't wait to have them ready and post them here.

CURIOSITY FACT:
I went through way intensive days last week. My school received all PBF franchisees of the state for a very important two-day conference meeting. The discussions and the exchange of experiences and new ideas brought us more confidence in the business. By the end of the event, the best part was to come... Our school was pointed as being a reference for the state for its structure, organization, neatness, and our highly trained personnel. We were very touched. It was all that we needed to hear. :-D

6 comments:

  1. I've been wondering where you've been :o) photography is something that you can get sucked in to. sounds like you have some great things up your sleeve these days. I love the urban elements idea! hope you get to figure your camera out and can't wait to see some of your pictures. oh, and congrats on your school's assessment! :o)

    ReplyDelete
  2. @Sarah:
    Thank you a lot, Sarah!
    Yeah, taking pictures like the way I am doing may not be a good thing - I just snap and that's about it - however I don't see any other way to get them done if I don't go out there and try. Let's pray for good photos hehehe
    PEACE

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm diggin yer piccys. I know what you mean about 'finding your style'. I've been using the term "Independent Photographer". Which is, essentially, someone who takes great, artistic, spontanious pictures of anything.

    I don't do the studio thing, more like the 'crazed, gonzo' type thing.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love your abstracted self portraits! I like coming here to see your latest pictures, even if they only make me smile or think, and leave me speechless. If you start preferring Flickr over blogger, just please let us know so I can come see what you're up to.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you all for the support and for believing that I can reach out some kind of 'art' with my Cybershot. First, I am searching some sites in which I can find hints on how to 'squeeze' the best out of my camera. And Zilla, I really don't like FLICKR much. I'd rather use it for html code thing. I'll definitely publish my pics on this spot. And some of my first attempts will be here, hopefully, by the end of the week

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am enjoying your photos too. Can't wait to see the urban/architecture images.

    ReplyDelete

If you want your comment puplished, English writing is required.

Vacation and New Kitty in the Block

Is hope a feeling? Hell, yeah.  Is burden a thing? Double hell, yeah. Since vacation started (there is no accurate date when it ...