Saturday, March 25, 2006

blogging on best comments ever

I might have a thorough sense of metalinguistics awareness for being this inquisitive individual when it comes to language. Since child, I used to correct folks around me when they'd mispronounce or give wrong punctuations. I also used to make up list of words that sounded funny to my ears. Old-fashioned verbs and adjectives were present in my vocabulary since those early years. (They have been still.) When I got into music, I'd wildly critize and judge others' "bad" taste for music. When I had figured out I'd become a writer, I thought I should study journalism ahead of that, so that I'd be able to review my own writings... maybe (?)! I guess that is why I was once called 'philosopher' by my great friend Marcele -- I can't stop this awareness in me.

This post will be my web chance to show this so-called ability in me. I've decided to start a compilation of the best comments on my blogspot of all times. I will also come up with comments on these top-hit comments. I've been blessed during these last two years because I have really gotten a few avid and regular readers. The best part is that they leave a trace. These readers leave behind sometimes a piece of furniture, a jewel, even a whole property in the exchange of words: THE PAWNSHOP. There wouldn't ever be a better title for this blog. Best comments - or complaints - I've ever received, here they come:

@BULB'S:
bulb wrote...
I couldn't sell my ass in a gaybar. But then....... I look awful in a suit.
p.s. Im back.
5:18 PM

This was a comment on a post about my salesrepresentative phobia. Besides being a very understanding Bulb's testimonial, it was him announcing his return on the blogsphere. Double delight. Thanks Bulb for being ever present in my spot.

@SAUCY'S:
Saucy Monk wrote...
well put into words.
you sound kinda serious though.
you a serious person?

That was comment on a short attempt of abstract nonsense poetry of mine. What amuses me about this comment is the whole contradicting idea Saucy had got about me. No, Saucy. I am not a serious person. I have nothing serious in me. I know that my blog template and some of my mad posts can scare the hell out of people, but I can't be serious. In fact, my finger tips melt every time I start typing humorless words. Believe me, I tend to scrape the still-molten remainings of them off the computer keyboard, place them in a mold and after some minutes of freezer, they're back on their normal human functions. Gotta be careful though, I'm almost running out of the tips - the best part - like Chandler, in FRIENDS, once said.

@FINEARTIST'S:
fineartist wrote...
Photographs at a funeral, marvelous idea! Original and funny as heck, I like the way you think. I immediately began seeing people shuffling around the room with combs and mirrors primping for the snaps. They could hire professional photographers…..
Professional photographer: “Next, who’s next?”
Mourning family member: “I think Aunt Martha is next. Where is she? Oh, Auntie there you are, come, come, it’s your turn to pose with the deceased, hurry up.”
Aunt Martha: “Why? He’s not going anywhere is he?”
However, candids would be amazing, since every family seems to have one, or several goof balls who like to wait till someone falls asleep, mess them all up in various manners, and take pics of them.
Mourning family member: “Okay, who was the wise guy who put lipstick, false eye lashes, and a brassiere on Uncle Harold? And, somebody get over there and remove that piece of sausage from his fly.”
--I am enjoying your blog.
1:57 AM

I have this strange habit of listing random thoughts, so this post was one of those in which I wrote about how I imagine my funeral. Lori exquisitely added details on it. I could only crack at her rich imaginative follow-up of my listing. Love you, Lori.

@WRITERMOM'S:
Writer Mom wrote...
You hilarious nut job!
11:45 PM

This was the shortest and the best comment on my blog by Angeline. This lady really understands me. It was published on this post in which I listed 'ten truths about me.' Yep... those were tough words. I'm glad I have fully recovered from that little outbreak. Let me tell you all, it is never easy to hold farts back, imagine yourselves a person having to keep so many secrets about her personality. I just had to let them out. If you guys haven't read that post yet, you oughtta. Ange, your precious comments are and will always be welcome on this poor and humble blogspot.

@RAIN'S:
Rain wrote...
I want one too! A hello kitty lap top is too expensive, so I'll get the toaster.
9:27 PM

Cathy has chosen a wonderful blognickname: RAIN. I love when it rains. It is actually raining right now and that is probably why I got inspired to start this post. That was Rain's comment on my post where I announce my Christmas wish-gift. I wounded up getting a regular plain white toaster and a cheap stuffed Hello Kitty. I loved the presents I got anyway. It's truly fun to have Rain's comments on my spot. We get connected vibes so many times that we often post similar topic entries simultaneously. It's huge to have her around. "Sorry, for having missed your b-day... I really didn't know about it!"

@GABE'S:
Gabe wrote...
That was positively awesome. I honestly consider it an instant classic. (May I repost it on my blog?)!Y Feliz Cumpleanos mi amiga!
May the best of your past be the worst of your future.
2:35 AM

No one had ever mentioned that a poem of mine would become a classic. That was awfully good to read. Gabe had that insight about a poem I wrote on my 30-year-old birthday. Having those words coming from this amazing writer can only enhance my spirit.

CURIOSITY FACT: I've been thirsty for books. So, my sporadic updates here will continue being sporadic.

5 comments:

  1. You're just so damn cool! What a fantastic idea! And I'm blushing you included me. Feeling guilty for calling you a nut job.
    Lori's comment, inspired by your funeral...dang! That'd make a hilarious play. (Can you tell I like the word 'hilarious' ?)

    *Please correct my spelling and grammar whenever it bugs you. I've been writing dialogue for too long.

    I love you, love you, love you! Every time I'm here, I absorb so much. You're one multi-talented, deep thinking, sexy as hell lady!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You're such a bloghead. =P

    ReplyDelete
  3. @Sassy
    This comment of yours will be on my next compilation! HIHIHI

    @Ange
    I love you as well. So so so glad that Stan is back. Hillarious is an awesome word. I don't think I can correct a writer, but I'll do it if necessary... but it won't be.
    And Lori's a nut job just like me. HIHIHIHIHI

    ReplyDelete
  4. Laila, I love love love you toooooooo, and so proud to be included as a nut job, especially when I am in such fantastic-ular company….Yah, I made that word up, I think, and I’m gonna use the hell out of it.

    I did so love your funeral designs….funeral planners, that’s us.

    Love ya, mean it, Lori

    This made my day, week, month, for sure.

    ReplyDelete
  5. And ps, I just realized you have your e-mail address posted on your blog. If I had realized it sooner, I would have gotten a message to you on Rain’s birthday, dang it….I so suck.

    Anyway I will get a hold of you next time, you know it. I have an e-mail addy now, look out. Okay, I promise NOT to flood your box with soup recipes, or penis enlargement advertisements. Hehe.

    Love love love and peace, Lori

    ReplyDelete

If you want your comment puplished, English writing is required.

Vacation and New Kitty in the Block

Is hope a feeling? Hell, yeah.  Is burden a thing? Double hell, yeah. Since vacation started (there is no accurate date when it ...