Saturday, February 11, 2006

days of our lives (lol)

Today's Saturday. It feels like those lazy Saturdays. I normally can't wait for the weekend, however when weekend's arrived, I do wish it were a Tuesday.

I love Tuesdays. This is the day when my cleaning lady comes by. She helps me do the dishes, laundry, and more. She cares for animals, especially cats, just like me. Wherever she goes in the house, my kitty follows her; it is incredible how much Tibby likes her company. Her name's Odete, btw.

I appreciate Tuesdays rather than any other day of the week not just for that, there are more reasons. I guess it is because this is the day that I am tired the least. I normally teach my best classes on Tuesdays. Well, I don't mean that on the other days my classes suck, I just don't feel the same enthusiasm like I do on Tuesdays.

Mardi, Martes, Dienstag, मंगलवार, Terça-Feira is my favorite day of the week no matter how weird this may sound. In Hebrew, the days of the week are simply numbered, except for the 7th, which is the Sabbath (Shabbat). That means I could start enjoying number "3" as well... 3 is really an awesome number. It does make sense now.

While the languages of Western Europe came up with names for the days of the week based upon the names of the naked eye planets, which included the Sun and the Moon, Portuguese culture went on against that trend. The days of the week in my language are ordinal numbered words, more closely related to the Mediterranean style. Tuesday = TERÇA-FEIRA.

On the other hand, Tuesday doesn't sound anything like Mars. Actually, Tuesday is named after Tiw, a god of law, but it is also said to be a god of war, which would match up to Mars. Yuck, Laila!!! Who wants to know about those things??? Being honest here, that's basically what I study every day, so this sort of subjects do get my attention a great deal.

I know this post has become lame and stuff. Who in heavens would write about days of the week? Right, I agree. Only a creepo like me could do such a thing. It takes guts to publish a text about it, doesn't it? Or maybe not. It's not about guts. It takes to be a poet to stop to analyze about a so simple subject: TUESDAY.

The worst is that today's not Tuesday. Can I say that "the best thing about being a poet is that we can turn any day as our favorite one"? Tuesday is the official day of self-portraits too. See? One more reason to make this Saturday look more like my style.

"I just love these lazy fake Tuesdays..."

9 comments:

  1. You have a truly fascinating view of life. I liked your little essay on tuesday.

    ReplyDelete
  2. j g vvvvvvvvvv mmtnghgghjtyty gytggjj vggggg5v

    ReplyDelete
  3. @Musawwir:
    Thanks for stopping by! I guess I agree with you... I do see the world I live in through non-usual eyes!!!


    @Shorty and Mira aka shorty Jr.
    You folks are amazing! I really appreciated having your opinion on my thoughts here. I am always thrilled when someone sets aside some time to read my madness and even comment on it. I love you all!

    ReplyDelete
  4. you know I just LOOOOVE your hair?? 8_*
    I bought a webcam yesterday! I have ti show you mima X] talk to me!

    =*

    ReplyDelete
  5. @Carol:

    Woo-hoo! I'll finally get to know Mima! That's so awesome. Did you see I'd posted your picture in my flickr...??? I hope so! I miss you and Marina.

    Take care girls

    ReplyDelete
  6. Tuesday!

    You make me smile big smiles...and you ARE fascinating.
    Got me thinking that I'm not sure I have a favorite day. I wonder what that means about me. I like Friday afternoons because then I know I'll have two days with Tom and the kids...But I probably need a ME day, because weekends never work.
    Hm.
    I'll pay close attention this coming Tuesday...:) (I'll miss you if you're gone long.)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Me too, I'll miss you, but do what you need to do sweetie.

    This was cool as heck and as always your image is beautiful.

    love love love, Lori

    ReplyDelete
  8. @Ange and Lori:

    You two girls have made my day.
    Thank you for saying that you will miss me because I will miss you all more. But I may come back before I'm planning to.

    See Ya

    ReplyDelete
  9. I had forgotten in Dutch! Thanks, Bulb!

    ReplyDelete

If you want your comment puplished, English writing is required.

Vacation and New Kitty in the Block

Is hope a feeling? Hell, yeah.  Is burden a thing? Double hell, yeah. Since vacation started (there is no accurate date when it ...