Thursday, December 1, 2005

...by my Pessoa


Fragile Little Sister
by Laila Chris

Little sister was never listened to. So she ran away. Went to a place where she thought good listeners would be there. Later on, finding out she was mistaken, little sister took a plane. Settled down in a distant land where no one would listen to her again, after all the local community did not even understand her mother tongue. Fragile little sister then decided to try once again, for the second time, to move away; so she packed, tied her hair all up, took a deep breath and jumped off of an airplane. The parachute luckily worked. Little sister landed on a deserted soil. This time she knew no one would listen to her because there there was not a trace of human existence. There, there were only her lungs. She yelled. Screamed to the top of her voice - no echoes whatsoever. She was again not being listened to... not even by herself... She then realized that running away in order to be listened to was not right. That was cowardness. Waste of time. She prayed to die. That was her only way-out, but nothing happened. In the end, little sister noticed that she wasn't being listened to because the others were in fact deaf. They would never listen to her even if they wanted to. God had made them deaf. God did NOT want her killed, so little sister cursed God. Since He could listen to her... since He was the only one who could listen to her... He made her deaf too!

9 comments:

  1. hey, ya know, i think you just helped me figure out why my dad doesn't listen to me. Oh, and also why he's an asshole.

    by the way, you should blog about your fave silent movies. I love that you dig silent movies. That is very cool. I am into old cinema as well, but I get the feeling you may be into a side of silent film I'm not as aware of. Indulge me.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Buster Keaton is the man when it comes to silent. (second that is to the perfectionist Chaplin)

    I like the vast echo-less space I went when I read this, it is powerful.

    HUG for Laila!

    ReplyDelete
  3. @BULB
    Thanks for returning!!! You were pretty much missed like I told you yesterday!!! Welcome back


    @SAUCY
    I dig silent slapsticks... I'm a goofy and simple individual so I kinda see myself in most Charlie's flicks. I collect them. My first college (journalism major)final essay was a semiotic study about all short-length Chaplin pictures, from 1914 - 1919. I got an "A" with honor with that paper. It's in Portuguese though. I intend to rewrite a shorter English version of it and post it in here. Thanks for your suggestion. I'll certainly blog about this topic.
    And once again, I dig SAUCY!!!

    @GABE
    Appreciated the "powerful" words you left here. I'm a big fan of your Sunday-shorts. You write like you'd be drinking water. Refreshed is what I feel when I visit your spot.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I hear ya, little sister. Come visit me. I think we've got lots to talk about.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is really beautiful Laila...sometimes I feel nobody listen to me too... Maybe I'm a deaf... this story impressed me very much...thank you for sharing it...
    hugs...
    (Forgive my poor english (^_^;)

    ReplyDelete
  6. @Angeline: Thanks a bunch for being my listener!!!

    @Gabriel: Domo Arigatô!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Interesting and poignant post…I wonder if little sister finally found her audience? I hope so, we all feel the need to be heard in this life.

    I have found that if I first take the time to understand others that they will (usually) take the time to understand me.

    This post reminds me of a twilight zone episode that I saw once….hella good writing L. Chris.

    Xxx, Lori

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is the thing that took me a while to cope when I was a teenager. Anxiety, rush, impatience, and lack of understanding can make us not be heard. After growing a little, I still face this problem, but now I write which has been better. I believe I've found a greater audience to read me instead of listening to. It definitely works nicer.

    ReplyDelete

If you want your comment puplished, English writing is required.

Vacation and New Kitty in the Block

Is hope a feeling? Hell, yeah.  Is burden a thing? Double hell, yeah. Since vacation started (there is no accurate date when it ...