Wednesday, November 16, 2005

Keypads


I hate telephone. Hate cellphones even worse. I hate anything that has keypad such as remote controls, cordless phone speakers, and cellphones. I lose them all the time. I can't even tell the difference among the VCR, television, DVD player, and the stereo remotes. It is so useless to have something that was invented to make our lives easier but in fact they make me mad. They burn in my hands and help me lose hair. They never work for me. I sure suffer from technology dislexia because I can never point them to the right direction. I still change channels by using the best device - my finger tips. I can never make a call with my cellphone. I always dial the wrong keys. I never listen to it when it rings. When I listen to it, I get the calls too late. If there are messages, I don't know how to check them. If I check, I don't know how to erase them. So I don't get rid of them. I keep'em as long as they wanna be there in that little machine which was created to give me headaches. Then you wonder, "Why did she get one in first place?" In fact, I've never bought them. "THEM?" Yeah. I own two cellphones. I still have the first one my mom gave me in 2002 which I used once or twice. Hope she does not read this because she paid an arm and a leg for that so sophisticated model. I gave up carrying that one because of its complexity to turn it on!!! Enough, I said. Then Roberto gave me another one three months ago. This is definitely easier to manage, yet it is too much for "my fragile little mind." Thank God, I do not get to take pictures or send e-mails with it, because that would be the worst code I'd have to break. Don't get me started with the garage door and the car remote controls. This computer keyboard that I am using right now is more simple then the number of times I have to press the keys of the car control so that I can have the anti-theft alarm activated and the windows shut. Again, I know I suffer from some sort of disorder and that my condition gets worse with time... What is left to solve this problem? I got a special box so that I can keep in it all the remotes together. Now, I don't lose them so often. And cellphone? I am trying to be patient with myself and read the manual carefully for the third time. This time, I'll have to nail that machine. No, no, no, I still can't get some calls through... I'm gonna call the company and find out what the problem is... It can't be me again!!!

3 comments:

  1. cool post, nice writing...

    I do hate cellphones too, it's like everytime someone calls me I'm driving or busy.... pisses me off. and computers.... I do not hate them but I think they don't like me.... it's like I have weird energy that they don't like and then they get bugs... i know it sounds strange.... well now my new one seems ok.... afterall it might be this so-called technology that is fucked up...

    EvOl YoU

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cell phones, why? If I am not home, I do NOT want to talk on the phone. If I AM home, I do NOT want to talk on the phone. I keep the dial up on the computer engaged so I don’t have to talk on the phone.

    My son lost my cell phone, so I cancelled the service, then we found the phone the next day. I still have NOT turned it back on. That was a year ago, I don’t miss it.

    I agree with you and dys, I would be driving, the stupid thing would go off, I would rummage around in my bag trying to find it, and by the time I found it the caller would have given up. It was Maddening!

    Remote controls for the tv, vcr, and dvd, where are they? They are always lost in this house.

    Xxx, Lori

    ReplyDelete
  3. @ D.Y.S. Printers don't like me either. Papers love to get stuck right when you most need to print out something. I normally pray before I click on that little printer icon, so I chant 'please paper, don't get stuck, don't'.

    @ Lori, I could not ignore that you wrote Cell Phone... Probably this spelling 'cellphone' isn't totally correct. I still need to find this out and make sure about it. Get a decorated box and place those remotes together in it, it'll work. It did for me!!!
    xxx

    ReplyDelete

If you want your comment puplished, English writing is required.

Vacation and New Kitty in the Block

Is hope a feeling? Hell, yeah.  Is burden a thing? Double hell, yeah. Since vacation started (there is no accurate date when it ...