Saturday, September 17, 2005

Holiday is finally happening!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I have been working around 15 hours a day since three weeks ago. It'll be like that for one more week. I am overwhelmed, stressed out, and losing hair. Tuesday is an official local holiday here and so, Monday I won't need to work. It is more than a blessing to me... Relief. Two days off!!!!!!!!!! As a matter of fact, it'll be three days off if we add Sunday!!!! :D Yeah! It may seem a lot or maybe it doesn't. I just know that since Easter, I haven't had that much time for relaxing and resting - except on those religiously Sundays off!

SUNDAY-MONDAY-TUESDAY all for myself. I wish I knew how to manage these days to invigorate my body and mind. I plan to take walks downtown, sit at a street bar, and order the best Brazilian pilsner beer while watching pedestrians getting around holding shopping bags, and crying children following their fast mothers walking along sidewalks. I should say that I'll try to do that if the weather really changes. It has been raining here for three weeks. My skin color is already getting a greenish shade because of the excess of humidity... Gosh, I am turning into a Hulk?!?!?

Another good stop will be at the book fair. There are great book stands in the central square that are worth visiting. Well, I do want to go there if the weather here helps! I intend to purchase an English idiom dictionary and two or three novels in Spanish. I haven't read books in that language for a while. Will I buy books in Portuguese too? It's possible in case I run into ones with good prices. Books and magazines are expensive buys in Brazil - never understood why.

Well, basically everything is expensive to get around here. That is why we have so many robberies and thefts. Talking about those, three nights ago, there was an attempt of breaking in someone's car right in front of my place. It wasn't so late and the guys were wearing masks. A lot scary, I must say. I have been victim of burglary myself. Back in 2002, two or three folks entered our garage and stole my husband's car radio. We've been both robbed on the streets having people pointing guns or sharp knives straight to our faces. That is not like "OH GOSH - SHE LIVES IN HELL"... However, we have to take many precautions to live free from fears in Brazil.

On Monday, I would like to go shopping for clothes. he! he! he! That even makes me laugh. Me? Buying clothes? I simply hate shopping and completely despise trying on new outfits. Some of my students call me 'weird' because it can not be possible being a woman and not enjoying clothes or shoes. Sometimes, I wonder that myself... COME ON!?!?!? How can a human being find some fun in crowded mall stores, getting naked in cold tinny little dressing rooms where mirrors that deform our bodies are hanging on the wall? Let's not forget the small sized doors that allow others to see your feet or the top of people's heads... How can that be appealing??? Anyhow, I'll spend some time at those stores because I must get new things to wear.

I will watch three movies. I will drink wine. I will eat at my favorite places in town. I will blog - doing it right now. I will MSN a lot since I am gonna take a break from it in three days. I will ORKUT. I won't be Yahoogrouping - i've already given that up. I will make some home cooking. I will stand for hours under a hot shower. I will call some friends. I hope to have friends calling me as well. I'll clear away the mess in the kitchen and in the living room. I'll finish a book which I have been reading for decades. I'll make a clean copy of a letter that it should be sent to a friend. I'll check my e-mails. Or... I may end up doing none of those things mentioned above. I'll just prostrate in bed waiting for the time when the rain will give us a break.

6 comments:

  1. Peace and good karma sweetie, oh and have a wonderful much deserved break! Lori

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi laila...
    Three days for resting?!
    Enjoy it!
    I'm green with envy :-)
    I really need a break too...

    See ya!
    Sayonara!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yeah, it's raining so much...12 days (I COUNTED) without the sun. How can we survive? Yesterday, the sun finally appear, but today will rain again...
    I can't say that I hate buying new clothes, but i don't like too...Mainly when the stors are crowed...Gosh! It's terrible! You need almost fight to be attended...
    The prices at the book fair was good this year. 20% off. I bought 3 books, a record, because I always have money just for one...
    My holiday was not so good. I know that your not too. I'm sorry. Were you working 15 hours a day? You're crazy!
    That's enough. Very big comment...I missed to comment here...However, I miss to write too, but I can't find good ideas to put at my blog...lazy girl...
    Love you!!!! Kissessssssssss

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow Gabriel,
    This is the first time I get a comment from Japan. I know I had promised commenting on your spot. I will do it. Don't think I'd forgotten that.
    Don't get green of envy... hihihi... The rain did not stop on the holiday. The clothing store I'd wanted to go was closed. To turn my situation even more complicated, I got sorethroat and heartburn... That the price we pay to work so hard...
    LIFE'S UNFAIR!!!
    Take Care

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sabrina,

    That was a nice comment there. You said that you needed to get some inspiration to write on your spot... You could write in English if you wanted to. It's nice to try a little harder! Sometimes, writing in a foreign language enlightens my creative motor... You should give it a shot! I also love you my sweet student. You're always there for me and I can't thank you enough.
    Best wishes,
    Your English teacher Laila

    ReplyDelete

If you want your comment puplished, English writing is required.

Vacation and New Kitty in the Block

Is hope a feeling? Hell, yeah.  Is burden a thing? Double hell, yeah. Since vacation started (there is no accurate date when it ...