Sunday, May 22, 2005

DECEMBER 2002

I'm a crazy individual and everyone has already realized that. One way to prove my insanity is by checking this blog out. Go ahead! See it for yourself.

You may notice that I make use of this ciberspace in a very unique form. I post what I feel like. I publish song lyrics, pictures of my cat, even shitty poetry that I create myself. Nothing biggy, let's say! Oh, well... who cares if I am not following the correct procedures of a real blogger. What means to be a blogger anyway?

As far as I know, a blogger is a person who owns a blog... so the new question should be "what the hell is a blog then?" I've found a cute answer on a site that I unfortunately can not remember its URL: "well a blog, as i said, is a web log and its uses are limited only by your imagination. for instance, in its simplest form you might use a blog as an online diary that you update each day so that you share your "daily life" with others, or perhaps you could use a blog as an integral part of a website such as a "what's new?" page or indeed any other page that you need to update frequently. the possibilities of what you might use it for are endless."

By following that definition, I may as well try to use this spot of mine creatively or not, free from standards or generalizations... If you have already found bizarre stuff in here, so you have probably seen old posts that I publish some e-mails or letter that I once sent or I have ever received from distant friends or family members. On this post, I won't do differently. I will publish today an e-mail that I've sent to all my USA friends and acquaintances... It was fun to have encountered this short memory draft of a time that our real adult lives in Brazil had just started... Back in December 2002

" Hello Everyone back in the USA. Well, we've been away for quite some time without any word, so we figured it was long overdue to catch all of you up on a few things, as your e-mails have been rolling in something to the effect of: "it's been ages since the last e-mail, “what the hell is going on?!"... and so forth and so on... Here are some news...

Just wanted you to know we’ve been sequestering ourselves. It’s time to really work hard and there’s nothing else left to do. Except that we go out for dinner once in while. As we used to do back in the USA. Forgive us for not getting back in touch with all of you sooner.

Hope you're still there for us and haven't given up our friendship!

As I mentioned, we’ve been working really hard here with this incredible project. Our English school is getting known and our work has been compensated. Regarding my communications career, I’ve also done a lot of stuff, but unfortunately with not much headway, but lots of great ideas stored on CD-ROMs and such.

I am having a terrific time as being a teacher. My students are all special to me. Roberto and I have learned a lot about this kind of business and we can’t hide our complete satisfaction!!!!!!!!!!! I hope you all are missing us the same way we are missing you. I often dream of Saint Pete and Tampa streets and avenues. Luckily, we have our loved ones much closer, something that would never happen back in the USA. Besides, this crazy country would rather create enemies than anything else... Therefore I don’t want to go there now!

It really takes time to get used to our new place. Everything is so different from what we have seen. For instance, today is being one of the coldest day of the year. People are all dressed up in heavy coats and scarfs – It kinda looks awkward to me but it’s the weather thing. Here, it rains constantly and the green fields become even greener with so much moisture and glazes. The landscape is one of a kind view!!!!!!! I am not going to get started with the food... There are D-E-L-I-C-I-O-U-S Italian and German places in this area. You all must come and check them out. We will be waiting for your visit. This is an official invite.

The best of the best regards to you all
Love
Laila & Roberto"

No comments:

Post a Comment

If you want your comment puplished, English writing is required.

Vacation and New Kitty in the Block

Is hope a feeling? Hell, yeah.  Is burden a thing? Double hell, yeah. Since vacation started (there is no accurate date when it ...