Friday, April 22, 2005

Why is that needed to be a secret???

While a student is taking his English test, I have decided to start my post on this cold damp Friday evening. Last Thursday was holiday in Brazil. It's a day when we remember a historical individual who was chopped off publicly by the Portuguese monarchy back in the 19Th century. His name was Tiradentes. He had envisioned Brazil as a free country, not a colony of Portugal. His ideas derivated from the French Revolution and they ignited a process that years later the entire country embraced.

Well, the holiday is officially over and I am back to teaching. I taught way too many classes for a day past holiday and touching the beginning of a weekend. At least, I am feeling a little less tired than I am usually in regular weeks. Having had Thursday off was a bless. Thanks Tiradentes for having been killed on an April 21st.

I seem to be dwelling and not getting to any point. What am I trying to reach with these words? Is my mind running on lameness today? I guess the answer is 'yes'. However, I haven't had those boring days lately. In fact, it's been the opposite of that. Let's take the Sunday before last as an example. That was a pretty intense day.

Maybe it wouldn't be a great idea to confess what it had happened to me then. Anyhow, I can say that I took the right decision not to argue over that. I took the right decision by not overreacting either. I took the wrong decision to let it happen. And that's all I can say. You may be questioning yourselves: "what is this chick talkin' about?" Well, this is where I was heading. I aim not give any more clues about this fateful event. I will leave it in the air because it was something too personal, too disastrous, too embarrassing, and not worthwhile sharing with everyone else on this spot of the web.

I may be acting in a contradictory standard now. If it is none of everyone else's business, why am I writing about it in here? The answer is quite simple. I have been having a lame day, with lame ideas, and lacking creativity in my words. Sorry readers! Forgive me up front! I will accept speculations about the event because that might spice up this post a bit. Perhaps, that's what I first intended with this entry. So... C'mon... Get started!

3 comments:

  1. Thanks Bulb for helping me out there!!! I thought the same too. And the answer is "N-A-Y"!!!

    I said that I had decided not to fight over it, not to overreact, etc. Well, I can't say anything else and period!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Kev, you did not offend me there!!! Anyway, I must confess that I had quite understood your words that way!!! Regardless, don't feel bad and there is no need to apologize!!! And, please, sorry if I haven't comment on your text about existentialism yet as you'd asked me to. The thing is that it's been a long time that I don't get my hands in this kind of readings. Therefore, I feel not ready to discuss such subject. I may say that "L'Existentialisme Est Un Humanisme" by Jean-Paul Sartre was the only thing I've read about the issue and it was discussed over a Philosophy and Cinema course back in college in Brazil... Don't mind our misunderstandings sometimes!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Kev,

    I'd really love if you could continue commenting on my blog.

    ReplyDelete

If you want your comment puplished, English writing is required.

Vacation and New Kitty in the Block

Is hope a feeling? Hell, yeah.  Is burden a thing? Double hell, yeah. Since vacation started (there is no accurate date when it ...