Saturday, April 30, 2005

The Pawnshop Project

After having this chat with a dear friend on msn, I felt like posting some of my own poems that are being saved in a file called THE PAWNSHOP, because it all started from an idea of having this sort of poetry book... These are some of them that I hadn't showed to anyone, or I only read or e-mailed to close friends...
________________________________________________

Metro-man

Façade
Façade
Façade

Perfect hair do
Whitened teeth
Hairless face
Nails manicured
Spotless shirt
Pressed pants
Shiny shoes
Fragrant individual

Facial skin deep cleaning
Worries about postures
Preoccupations with voice timbre
Articulated multi-lingual hand-picked vocabulary
Superficial slow motion uptight carrier pursuit

No inner-feelings
Heartless dates
Meaningless sex
Impeccable meeting presentations
Almost two Eye-brows
Self-help literature
MBA/CEO/MSN/NASDAQ
IBM/I-POD/business card
Corporate speak

Façade
Façade
Façade
Façade

Metro-man (American-Psycho)

____________________________________

What a Place


The world wasn’t reinvented
This place seems too wide to live in
…and just too small to dream of
Water, earth, fire, dirt, and blood
Poor human structures
Strong greedy perspectives
Natural born destroyers
Infected brains
Blocked noses
Dirty lungs
Rotten thoughts
Love human beings
Love being human
Wait!
Can’t say that.
How could I ever say that?

There is no room to everyone
There is no comfort in all places
There are no guarantees
Uncertainty there is.
Confused now?
What about purity?Sterling rhymes?
A big old nothing…
The world wasn’t reinvented
The senior planet in going to an end

We are sparkles of a second
A fraction of a snap
A sad consequence of a fruitless explosion
Randomly humans

Insane I’ll be getting
For not seeing reasons
Purposes
Explanations
Just confusions
No introductions
Forget conclusions
Only means
Only pain
Only in vain
Flavorful pity
Pity myself
Pity everyone else as well
A big old woolen ball

What a place!
_______________________________________

SYMBIOSIS



First of all
I’ve got to say sorry
For a I left the room

Secondly
I’d like to conclude
My last thought

We’re meant
To be connected
We’re meant to create
A fusion of aesthetics

Can’t say how
Can’t say when
Even if I could
It doesn’t really matter now
Because I can’t say it all alone

As in literature,
As in visual,
Or sound making process
The basis must be built
On hard soil
Structured with spotless walls

Independent, but co-related
Absurd and surreal,
Genial and marginal
Outrageous and magical
Post-modern after all

Clear, abstract
Nobel, symbiotic
Shocking and vicious
Serious and hilarious
Concrete and pernicious

Original and reinvented
Divine and demented



1 comment:

  1. WOW, quite powerful and personal. I like them. I hope we get to see more of them.

    ReplyDelete

If you want your comment puplished, English writing is required.

Vacation and New Kitty in the Block

Is hope a feeling? Hell, yeah.  Is burden a thing? Double hell, yeah. Since vacation started (there is no accurate date when it ...