Monday, July 12, 2010

I grew up with TV lunch/dinner platters


I have just figured out that I grew up on those TV platters which are very unusual in our Brazilian culture. Maybe nowadays it is common to find them here but before... I doubt it. I found that out through the internet and thanks to it I have realized this is an important part of my personal history. When my dad first went to Florida, to be a tour guide at Disney in 1975, when they opened up Disney parks in Florida, dad had already been "expecting" a baby (myself). I would be born a few months later. He bought a TV dinner plate for his yet-to-be-born baby from Cape Canaveral. It was his little something something gift to his future daughter. And I loved it. I used that plate for my meals til I was 7. And later on, he bought me other plates from Epcot Center or other parks. Mom and dad used to be tour guides in those Floridian Disney Parks. It became a tradition for them to bring me "regalos" - I love to use the little Spanish I picked up when I lived in Saint Pete - and these plates were one of my favorite presents. These plates made a so very important part of my childhood and we could never find them in Brazil. That was/is/and has been really great to find this out. I simply love the Internet ;-D
ps: These dishes look like those Japanese Bento Boxes but my meal contents were way less healthy.

1 comment:

If you want your comment puplished, English writing is required.

Vacation and New Kitty in the Block

Is hope a feeling? Hell, yeah.  Is burden a thing? Double hell, yeah. Since vacation started (there is no accurate date when it ...